Bed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We would like to get a six foot wide bedframe to hold two different single mattresses.

We have different mattress requirements and considered zip and link, but we don't want to join them so that if one is tossing and turning, the other does not feel movement.

We will need to have a bed specially made because space is tight at the foot in order to get past the wardrobe.

Singles are 190 and larger mattresses are 200 or more.

Just need to find a reasonably priced bed maker and see if we can buy fitted sheets that are 6 ft wide and 6 ft 3ish long.

Sponsored Links
Have you actually tried a modern bed/mattress combo ?

A few years ago Mrs. Lard insisted we re-book one of the holiday cottages we stayed in specifically to steal the mattress.

I can sleep on a pile of hardcore but she is a very light sleeper. I can't recall what make the mattress is but one of us could have a fit without the other knowing. Coupled to a very solid frame from Ikea you could land a 747 in the middle of us & neither of us would notice.

Sponsored Links
'Solid frame' and 'Ikea' are words not often heard in the same sentence. :rolleyes:

'Solid frame' and 'Ikea' are words not often heard in the same sentence. :rolleyes:

MFI went bust in 2008, yet I can still raise a laff when I do my MFI wardrobe impression when stood at the bar.

I have no idea what bed frame it was, I wouldn't be able to pronounce it nor spell it, but it was definitely Ikea. IIRC it was a good thing it was supplied in bits n pieces as the side frames were so heavy they would make a Victorian engineer feel inadequate.

Two short planks?

Try it, sure to raise a laff amongst those who remember MFI.

Hold your pint firmly in one hand & just gently sway left to right with a slightly circular motion when you stood at the bar.

For those that 'don't get it', MFI wardrobes were famous for having absolutely zero structural strength or integrity. Instead of counting sheep, insomniacs would just gaze at the way they gently wobbled until sleep finally overcame them.

The double' entendre' hits in when your mates compare your level of drunkeness to an MFI wardrobe.

Sounds hilarious. I bet it's a laugh a minute down your local. :rolleyes:

It is actually. t'pub is a much more enjoyable hub for the part of my community who don't have their heads stuck up their @rshes.

You don't have many friends, or any particular respect from your immediate community, do you.

It is actually. t'pub is a much more enjoyable hub for the part of my community
Surprised you get the time to spend posting on here, what with having a fun pub on your doorstep, a private woods to police and all those businesses to run.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back