Bedroom ceiling drips when bath/shower draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I wonder if anyone could advise me on an issue I'm having... When the bath is draining, water drips from the bedroom ceiling adjacent to the bathroom. A few minutes after the bath has emptied the dripping water stops but then for 20 minutes or so there is a very slow dripping noise (minutes apart) coming from the wall between the bedroom and bathroom but no water seems to accumulate anywhere. I have heard the slow dripping for quite some time but could never figure out what it was and only now have the water drops which appear to be from the loft been visible. (First happened a week ago and again today) I have been up in to the loft and couldn't see anything was wet so am at a loss as to what could be causing the problem. Any advice on what the issue could be would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Leaks aren't always evident where they occur....water can happily run along a length of pipe or timber, and start to drip metres away from the culprit!
First plan is to get into the loft and check out the large header tank - my guess is that its overfilling after the bath has been run, and the overflow can't cope - due to its not being there or some other fault.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back