Bell Box Resilience

Just whallop the box with a big hammer, pull away from the wall and stick it in a five season sleeping bag! - just hope they don't have redcare (oh, hello officer) - I love redcare btw, especially when I get it disabled properly through BT and plod turn up anyway....

disabled ? properly ? through BT ? of course you do

Sponsored Links
Best bet is do it all in the middle of the day too, people ignore the damn alarms anwyay...
thats why I want a dialler and no it hasnt got redcare so its probably a waste of time and money to. not to mention a good bang with a hammer on this as well :LOL:

Just whallop the box with a big hammer, pull away from the wall and stick it in a five season sleeping bag! - just hope they don't have redcare (oh, hello officer) - I love redcare btw, especially when I get it disabled properly through BT and plod turn up anyway....

I do, I phone the BT Redcare number and use my EIN and password on the automated service - but plod still invariably turn up!!! (with a big grin when they see the van)

I do, I phone the BT Redcare number and use my EIN and password on the automated service - but plod still invariably turn up!!! (with a big grin when they see the van)

like I said - "of course you do...." does it not occur to you your doing something wrong if the police " invariably..." turn up?

Sponsored Links
I've heard that a common way to bypass an alarm is to fill the bell box with expanding foam. Is there a defence against this apart from putting the boxes in inaccessible positions?

Thanks.

1. Put it in a difficult position if possible but remember that it must be heard.

2. Put a protective guard around it. Steel mesh as is used to protect hot heating flues.

3. Put up a dummy or two.

4. Don't rely on a burglar alarm use good physical protection as well.

When I get the automated message telling me that monitoring is disabled, that's when I stop being bothered - the system has told me I've done it right - it's possible that the alarm company are sending them instead, or calling someone on a list who is then calling them rather than popping to the house to check? Suffice to say, I am disabling it properly, and I still end up with the old bill turning up, as do other engineers! It's a good system though, at least it works!

When I get the automated message telling me that monitoring is disabled, that's when I stop being bothered - the system has told me I've done it right - it's possible that the alarm company are sending them instead, or calling someone on a list who is then calling them rather than popping to the house to check? Suffice to say, I am disabling it properly, and I still end up with the old bill turning up, as do other engineers! It's a good system though, at least it works!

I can honestly say with over 300 redcares we have never had a false attendance due to a misread supervisory notice - fact is YOU cannot take a redcare off line whatever you`ve been told by your boss, BT can and we can - thats why you keep getting arrested (LOL)

A couple of manufactures made foam detectors in various guises, I have a spare foam guard if you want it you can have it.

not from weyrad is it?

Bin it if it is, piece of junk, novel idea though

I can honestly say with over 300 redcares we have never had a false attendance due to a misread supervisory notice - fact is YOU cannot take a redcare off line whatever you`ve been told by your boss, BT can and we can - thats why you keep getting arrested (LOL)

I think you missed the point I was making about disabling the redcare properly, plod still turn up, despite the fact that I have specific authorisation from my boss to disable the redcare system, who, like me, works directly for British Telecom plc. - hence my amusement that I disable it PROPERLY and plod still turn up, and then have a laugh when they see my BT Vauxhall Combo outside...

i think it is YOu who miss the point.

we find it "amusing" that your "system" does not work as i should, since if it did the police would not turn up.

also you may not know / be aware or even care, but the"false alarm" is counted against the house owner whos place you are working in.

It's not my system, I don't work for BT Retail or BT Wholesale, imho thank Ofcom for your woes - I also find it amusing that it doesn't work properly (that's why I posted about it in the first place...)

It (Redcare) does work properly, even when there's an engineer working on it who has disabled it properly, it still calls the police out!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back