Bell-box transfers or stickers labels

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a alarm and CCTV provider. We use and maintain Yale systems. They are as good as any wireless system...
OmG, 'as good as any wireless system'.

No experience of other wireless systems then?

Have a look at Texecom RICOCHET™ or any other professional wireless system.

Yale alarms are for the DiY market.

Sponsored Links
You obviously didnt finish reading the post. As a installer we recommend hard wired systems. However some people budgets don't go that far and it's more of a they have a alarm. We mainly install infinite texecom and wisdom systems for wireless. But love scantronic wired systems. Pus it depends on the security risk assessments. Wireless alarm systems are all DiY and you can argue about that till the cows come home. But that fact is any monkey can put one in.
With 20 years in the game ex security service for the army and with a mod and 3 major bank contracts I believe I'm highly qualified to advisor on this. Plus a masters in security and vulnerability.

Hope this clears up the misunderstanding on your behalf.

Swale security consultants.

Wireless alarm systems are all DiY and you can argue about that till the cows come home.
Not true..
I have designed interfaces to wireless linked professional alarm systems. These were definately not DIY alarm systems. These were systems designed without the restraints imposed by the use of licence exempt radio channels. Without those constraints wireless linked alarms can be almost as reliable as wired systems.

But that fact is any monkey can put one in.
which means they have to be simple and devoid of any of the complexity required to provide a reasonable immunity to attack.

I couldn't agree more Bernard. i'm just old school and prefer a wired alarm. We only use a Yale system as last resort. But a wireless alarm from any off the shelf company if not designed (that's what I should of put) can be installed by anybody. My argument though is Yale do, do some cheap reliable alarms. I tend to avoid them though as they are easily bypassed if you know what your doing. You get what you pay for.
An alarm should always be designed around the vulnerability of a property and to the requirements of the client.

Sponsored Links
Swale you are on a losing battle here. I have installed literally thousands of Yale Alarms over the past few years probably even more than you and have had so few problems it's laughable that people keep saying they don't do the job they are designed to do.
Bernard will come in on any post mentioning Yale and infer they are unreliable or potentially unreliable but he himself will admit he has never fitted or tested a single one.
Bernard is trying to compare mobile comms needing continual handshakes and verification and double security to ensure unbrken communications and is trying to apply those difficult operational scenarios to Yale alarm in situ.
Its chalk and cheese.

As you know as long as the batteries are kept up to date and you test the system when installed for correct operation. (By this I mean ensuring all sensors are transmitting to the panel in the walk test and no faults are showing on the panel and you conduct an actual simulated break in) Then unless something changes like obscuring your sensors with objects etc the system will work exactly the same as it did the day it was installed.
I am now onto approaching THIRD battery changes for some clients meaning their systems are now approaching 5 years old and the only signs of use being the odd spiders web.

Again I've had no issues with the ones I've installed. They are cheap and reliable as I've said. Plus if you get the right series you can design a more suffisticated system. But we cannot say they are the best as I know they are not but they do what they say on the tin.
I will defend Yale. As I said before They have been round for may years so got to be doing something right!

Bernard will come in on any post mentioning Yale and infer they are unreliable or potentially unreliable but he himself will admit he has never fitted or tested a single one.
Not with Yale but I have worked with, tested and appraised other equipment that has the same restraints as Yale have with the use of the licence exempt radio channel.

Bernard is trying to compare mobile comms needing continual handshakes and verification and double security to ensure unbrken communications and is trying to apply those difficult operational scenarios to Yale alarm in situ.
Not very accurate, with domestic burglar alarms one is looking at fixed point to point communications where wireless is used as a labour saving way of connecting two fixed items which with a bit of work could be far more reliably connected using wire.

Nothing ( except the keyfob ) in a domestic burglar alarm is mobile.

Then unless something changes like obscuring your sensors with objects etc the system will work exactly the same as it did the day it was installed
Sensors can be obscured by transmissions from other systems using the licence exempt radio channel. There is no control over who can use legal and compliant equipment on that channel and ( sadly ) in-adequate control over illegal and non compliant use of the channel.

We have seen a great deal of repetitive fanciful speculation, but we have seen no reliable evidence of RF interference, in an ordinary domestic house in an ordinary residential street, ever having prevented a Yale alarm from going off in a burglary, and doing its job. Quite possibly it will happen one day and we will all be jolly interested.

The Yale alarm is low-priced and an easy DIY install. For more money and/or more work you can get better, but for many, it fits the bill.

As I have said and repeated many times.

I just can't get my head around charging to install a DiY system, they must be more complicated than Yale let on.

The only difference I can see between Fast and Swale is that Fast has a proper business, also selling bird tables and is contactable .

Swale only has a 'contact me' box on the web site, not even a phone number, or address.

It's like looking at a van with XYZ Gardeners on the back and a mobile phone number. Mobile phone only, would not touch with a barge pole.

Oh & don't forget the Yahoo email address, how professional, and "SSS do not provide any security services ............... then present a plan for our clients that can be implemented by us." << a contradiction

Swale you are on a losing battle here. I have installed literally thousands of Yale Alarms over the past few years

That's some last financial quarter you had there.

Digging Osborne out of a hole single handedly, impressive.

Swale only has a 'contact me' box on the web site, not even a phone number, or address.

It's like looking at a van with XYZ Gardeners on the back and a mobile phone number. Mobile phone only, would not touch with a barge pole.

Oh & don't forget the Yahoo email address, how professional, and "SSS do not provide any security services ............... then present a plan for our clients that can be implemented by us." << a contradiction

Well you obvious have the observation skills of a blind man. There is contact details and the business address on every page if you scroll down. A mobile number is more accessible and clients prefer it to a 0845 0844 0870 number.
In relation to the yahoo address its no different to the one that comes with the host name. They are both as easy to obtain! If clients weren't liking it why would I get repeat custom and be busy 5 days a week? Plus have a m.o.d contract and three major banks? So tell me who doesn't have a real business?

Why don't you stop trying to slate other people's companies and concentrate on your own if you even have one?
Plus are you sia approved installer?
Do you have a masters in security and vulnerability?

In relation to the contradiction... All that implies is I don't offer guarding... Or A.R.C's. agreed it can be put better and I will put that too the website designer.

Now why don't you get off your high horse and worry about your own clients.

Just passing through, had a quick glance, saw all the abuse and decided to take a closer look, for two minutes only. And what do I find ?

Not another twenty page thesis on Yale ????

Swales Security; It is in your interests to add me as a friend. You need some inside information on this forum.

Swales Security: Our firm are likewise trade installers. However, we have not the slightest misgiving over installing trade wireless or hard wired nor do we shy away from helping (on the ground ) anyone installing their own system, be it trade or diy equipment. Our installers can handle the lot. As far as Yale is concerned John D. and MDF have never had a single problem with spurious external nor extraneous emissions. When certain parties on this site cannot find a bona fide answer, they resort to abuse so be prepared for it. MDF has had to put up with it by the ton over the years, but not one argument has been put forward which inextricably serves to condemn Yale. And believe me, I've read pages of silly arguments put forward by so called electronic geniuises (all theory, none practical, none proven) on the Yale alarm, which is currently selling like hot cakes. I promised MDF that I would take a good look at Yale this new year, but to be honest there is no need to. It is a system which works - Full stop.

As for those who would embark upon glorifying Texecom's imesh in posts under this heading, they need only to be asked very few questions as regards the differences between Risco Wireless, Visonic, Castle response and Texecom, to determine that they have never set eyes on the system except in brochures.

Tread very carefully among vipers my friend,

Best wishes to you.

CD

Thanks chain daisy I've already noticed some people think they are gods gift.
At the end of the day every installer will have there own opinion I employee 15 guys in Medway and 11 in Thanet we all have are own preferences but the bottom line is. If a customer requires an alarm but can only afford £250 then you going to need to provide them with the full facts and figures. Advise them in the different systems and also complete the vulnerability assessment on the property.
Now there are companies out there which will charge a fortune to install a system that is just over kill for a property. And is totally unfounded in there report but scare monger clients into believing they must have that system... It's wrong.
As I've said many times this industry is filled with people unregistered, as we have no proper governing body other than the licensing body sia. They should have a approved licence for all installer and risk assesors

But back to the initial comments Yale... If there was such a problem with a Yale system don't you think Yale would of pulled the product. Plus I know for dam sure I wouldn't use it as it would affect my business!
Yale is a simple cheap alarm that has never failed the clients I've installed it For. I even offer a 36month warranty myself! On the installation and product. I'm yet to put a hand into the till to give someone there money back.

I stand by Yale.
And agree people just look at magazines too much and think they know everything.

Well you obvious have the observation skills of a blind man. There is contact details and the business address on every page if you scroll down. A mobile number is more accessible and clients prefer it to a 0845 0844 0870 number.
In relation to the yahoo address its no different to the one that comes with the host name. They are both as easy to obtain! If clients weren't liking it why would I get repeat custom and be busy 5 days a week? Plus have a m.o.d contract and three major banks? So tell me who doesn't have a real business?

Why don't you stop trying to slate other people's companies and concentrate on your own if you even have one?
Plus are you sia approved installer?
Do you have a masters in security and vulnerability?

In relation to the contradiction... All that implies is I don't offer guarding... Or A.R.C's. agreed it can be put better and I will put that too the website designer.

Now why don't you get off your high horse and worry about your own clients.
Well, I must say that was one of the fastest edits of a website I have ever seen, well done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back