Bell-box transfers or stickers labels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have bought a Yale alarm for an empty house I am looking after :oops:

I know it is not top-quality so I am uneasy about having the Yale name on the boxes (they are the yellow rectangular ones with blue panel)

Can you get transfers or stickers for these to say "Bloggs Security System" or some such?

Sponsored Links
I have bought a Yale alarm for an empty house I am looking after :oops:

I know it is not top-quality so I am uneasy about having the Yale name on the boxes (they are the yellow rectangular ones with blue panel)

Can you get transfers or stickers for these to say "Bloggs Security System" or some such?
A Yale alarm box is a Yale alarm box no matter what sticker it has.

What professional alarm company is going to give/sell you one of their labels for your DiY system?

Why would anyone want to have their company associated with a DiY system that (could) starts giving problems?

Who are the neighbours going to ring in the middle of the night?
That's right, the name on the box.
Neighbour > "But it's got your name on the box"
Alarm Co > "Yea I know, I made 50p selling the label, bye"

Who's going to do that?

You can go to a sign makers and have a black print on yellow vinyl.

Cost around £2 or less per sticker allthough I buy in quantities of 40 at a time.
They might charge around £10 for a one off but you will get a professional finish.

Sponsored Links
can you sell me a couple of yours (cut off your phone no perhaps?)

I was bearing in mind your earlier comment.

Probably my neighbours are not going to phone Benin.

p.s. Yes

Please don't feel I went this route just to spite alarm installers.

I was bearing in mind your earlier comment.

Probably my neighbours are not going to phone Benin.
Come off it, he's our regular 'Yale' 'expert' from Yorkshire, he has a new name/location every week, thinks we don't know who he is.

Do you use eBay John?

You can usually find custom vinyl stickers on there for a couple of pounds.

Then just make up the name of an alarm company, and hey presto!

As somebody has already said whatever you do its obviously a Yale DIY alarm system as they are the ONLY people who use and sell that type, size and style of bell box IE its unique to Yale

So putting a different sticker on it wont really achieve anything same as leading an old cart wheel against your house doesnt make people think its a caravan either

As crap as yale alarms might be having one is still marginally better and more of a deterrant than having no alarm so I really wouldnt give it a second thought tbh

As a alarm and CCTV provider. We use and maintain Yale systems. They are as good as any wireless system... We have no problems with them. And the price suites budgets. Though I would always recommend other alarms over Yale. And I would always recommend a battery change every 18months. For what you need John get the 6400 series tee coms one made by Yale... You need active phone line but it will call up to 3 preset numbers if a alarm activation happens. But a ale box is a Yale box. And we stick our name on them. After all they have been around for many years so they are doing something right in Cannock!
*****.co.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back