Bell-box transfers or stickers labels

Status
Not open for further replies.
... That website hasn't been edited... There is web designer in Maidstone that deals with it.
So write what you like.

Sponsored Links
Hi Swales,

Well, first of all, and I should have mentioned this in my last post, you obviously know what you're talking about, have a wealth of experience and some brilliant references. Well done. You're a credit to the site. I should point out that the majority of engineers who answer queries on here are excellent time served guys. There are however a chosen few, whom you appear to have just come across with the exception of John D and mdf (both great characters).

It is good to see that, like ourselves, you are not prepared to 'knock' Yale without categoric evidence. Obviously the system is for the diy market and may not as yet reach to the aspiring heights of trade gear, but lately they seem to be adding just that little bit more on each new concept. I have visions of them going 'two way' before much longer.

As for mdf installing diy systems. People are busy, people have kids to look after, people are sick, need I go on, there is a need for the services of mdf. Full stop.

I have made friends with a few excellent installers on this forum, look out for a cracking chap called Eighty Two, he's great to work alongside, and there are many others who will help the public at the drop of a hat.

Unfortunately, just look at the last but one post and ask yourself, " ... are they all really that cracked up that they think they are ?"

Take care mate, I'll call on you for help sooner or later.

CD

Thank CD.

As soon as some puts confirmed evidence on my desk saying do not use Yale then I won't. But the fact is they are reputable name trusted for years. Agreed they are DIY alarms and I completely agree is a 80yr old going to go up a ladder to but the siren box up. Is a mother of two going to have time or want to do what mdf does and even my company we provide a service. There's been times where we have actually thrown in the Yale alarm for free as customers wanted a better CCTV system.

I have actually just put a tender in for the three hospitals in the area but will need a ARC might need to go in partnership with a company that has a ARC.

I'm looking forward to helping people on here I just wished there was a ignore button... But I suppose its being the more senior to let the noise float over your head.

Look forward to chatting to you soon.

Oh yeah the whole reason I came across this site was I was looking for a new provider of my siren box cases or stickers as the company I used unfortunately suffered a vicious attack on there premises and haven't recovered and folded.
SSC.

Hi Swales,

Well, I'm in Wales and the boss uses a firm in Swansea, but I've seen a few others on my travels in the web. I'll keep a look out for you. If I find anyone half decent I'll let you know. I can't put the name of the firm in Swansea on open forum since it might be construed as advertising but I could possibly send you a P.M. with the details if you don't find anyone.

I'm just going for a quick glance around the forums now, then I have about four hours of paperwork to do, they want it by the morning so not much sleep.

Talk to you soon.

CD.

Sponsored Links
I did notice I'm from Pontypridd... Such a small world, no that would be great if you pm me some details I'm playing 2 companies against each other at the moment. It will be hard to find a new fabricator as I actually had new cases made.... But we all have to change with times.

ARCs - There are independent ARCs with which you can sign up. The company I work for is small so we use one of these ARCs. It's about 40 miles away but who cares? It's only a phone call, after all.

Occasionally we have a customer who wants to use a specific ARC, so we set up their account with them. I guess we deal with 3 or 4 in total...

As for charging to install DIY kit - I know people who will build your flat-pack furniture for you, and people who will pay! I, myself, pay someone to clean my house... Nuff said.

It has been something I've been think about for about two years now. Setting up my own arc I have the licence already its just man power and costing I put one to cost about a year ago.... It was going to cost 26k plus salary for 4 people. 8 hour shifts. But I never followed through on it. It's something that an be done from the comfort of your own home. Stay at home mums were perfect for it. Minimum wage too.. But... I don't know always been a grey area for me.

Some householders change their own tap washers, and unblock their own sinks. Others pay a plumber to do it.

Poor old Euro has some mental defect that makes him think it is immoral for a pro to charge a householder for doing a job which could be DIY, but which the householder can't, or doesn't want to, do himself.

Barmy.

Lol I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. Why are people so narrow minded. We will do 7 installs a week with a budget system. The one system I do refuse to use is the response alarm... Point blank! They break constantly.
I've 2tomorrow actually with extras...I don't clean my windows I pay a window cleaner. I got gardener to do my garden and dry cleaners to do my suits. Hmmm imagine if I had to pick my own veg... Ooo here's another one a simple service on a car can do it can I be bothered no... Garage £150thank you very much. But if I did it myself £45 lol. Isn't that what you call profit and labour... Or have I been doing it wrong for 20 years.... I've checked out europlex name it doesn't relate to much other than a large firm andsiemens plus plastics ect so I'm questioning his knowledge and back ground.

Or have I been doing it wrong for 20 years.... I've checked out europlex name it doesn't relate to much other than a large firm andsiemens plus plastics ect so I'm questioning his knowledge and back ground.
Oh dear, 20 yrs and you haven't heard of Europlex alarm panels, never mind, we obviously move in different circles.

as a minor example, one of the largest, if not the largest supermarket chains uses Europlex panels, Government establishments and more, your searching skills could do with a tweak.

It has been something I've been think about for about two years now. Setting up my own arc I have the licence already its just man power and costing I put one to cost about a year ago.... It was going to cost 26k plus salary for 4 people. 8 hour shifts. But I never followed through on it. It's something that an be done from the comfort of your own home. Stay at home mums were perfect for it. Minimum wage too.. But... I don't know always been a grey area for me.
Really looked into it haven't you.

26K, and the rest. You would not be able to build the secure premises for that. Thought about where all your signals would go in the event of a catastrophic failure, of course not.

How many monitored alarms do you think you will need to break even, that's paying for all the set up etc. It would take years to get into profit.

Ok, so you could offer your facilities to other alarm firms (they already have their own arrangements) which one do you think would take up the offer of a PA signal being missed because of a nappy change?

Europlex";p="2655054 said:
Really looked into it haven't you.

26K, and the rest. You would not be able to build the secure premises for that. Thought about where all your signals would go in the event of a catastrophic failure, of course not.

How many monitored alarms do you think you will need to break even, that's paying for all the set up etc. It would take years to get into profit.

Ok, so you could offer your facilities to other alarm firms (they already have their own arrangements) which one do you think would take up the offer of a PA signal being missed because of a nappy change?

Ah, see you gave up on the idea.

Stay at home mums were perfect for it. Minimum wage too..

So at shift change the phone lines are re-directed to the house of the mum who is next on duty. Did you give any thought to this. ( hint... the re-direction process the telephones for doctors on call ) specifically the costs and the need to ensure the next on shift is able to take calls.

Installing extra lines at the homes of people who may quit after a few months of minimum wages.

Vetting of the people. Enhanced CRB checks ? Security of passwords etc for the clients. Data in each house.

Single manned ARC may be contra-vention of health and safety ( lone worker in areas at risk of criminal intrusion. ( getting the ARC out of action leaves properties without response ).

You really are narrow minded... In fact there's a building called victory house in Chatham... It's a old ltsb contact centre on the 1st 2nd floor and get this a dis used police control centre... Nw what do both those have?

1st its a secure building, no need to build it. Security infrastructure is in place I know I did it.
It has radio signal station, secure lines in and out. Room for servers a automatic backup geni.

So do I need to build a building... No!
Do I know enough about to go ahead No
There are building all over the country for rent that meet the infrastructure needed for ARC.

Do you know sarcasm? No I wouldn't employee stay at home mums I run a business not a cresh.

But again am I going to set it up no we all play with ideas, and they sit in the maybe tray.

Take the pole from up your arse and use to do your street sweeping job as I'm yet to see any constructive post from you... That actually shows anyone in here your trained even to city and guilds level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back