Bell Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have installed my CQR Orion bell box on the side of my house and when it comes to powering it up, it only bleeps once and the green led stays on, which I believe is supposed to illustrate no hold off voltage?!

I have wired it up on the floor to check that it works and functions and it worked properly, just now it has been mounted it doesn't seem to want to work!

I am leaving the battery in the bell disconnected because I do not no how the hold off facility works for when I want to power down the panel (galaxy) to make changes to it!

It worked on the floor with no battery but I wonder if this may be the problem, I also recall playing with a few of the jumper switches on the bell and might have but doubt it, changed the operation from Sab to scb!

If anyone knows how to help this would be much appreciated!

Regards

Sponsored Links
Have you checked for continuity between the wire at the panel and the wire at the bell's mounted point ?

What do you mean by that?

As in a fault in the wire that runs to the bell box from the panel?

Regards

Sponsored Links
Do you think I should try switching different wires for different things, like change the strobe and bell wire for hold off and the other way round but still connected as it should at the panel, like use different cores for the connections?

Thanks

I may have done, I took off the jumper but put it back in what seemed like the right place...?

What affect does it have on it if I did?

if its on you need to use the 2 x 1k resistors as per installation sheet depending on panel as it monitors the trip wires, if its off it will work without the resistors.

I may try this, if it was on and not correctly configured would that be why it is not working and saying it wants hold off power, even though I have connected & checked that there is actually power there?!

I've tried the trigger wire monitoring one and it makes no affect, I plan on going back up the ladder this afternoon and checking the switches and connections but I'm not sure what else it could be!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back