Benefits for unemployed raised

The country can not afford it. It’s not the conservatives bankrupting us. It’s a worldwide pandemic that has the potential to kill millions.

The government are trying to stop permanent damage being done to the economy. We could easily have an additional 3m unemployed without protection.

House prices will plummet, pensions will be down 20%. Some defined benefits schemes will collapse. Pubs, restaurants, gyms cafes shops, airlines will go bust and the many millions of people who work there will need work.

So they cannot afford it but then you explain why they are doing it, your post seems to contradict itself.

What action would you like?

Sponsored Links
Its not contradictory to describe a situation where an entity spends more than it can afford, but justifies the spend.

People do this all the time. Some of them end up being made bankrupt.

There are no parallels with the govt aid spending during Covid-19, any post "austerity" budget or any kind of give away for votes.

I even offered him a job, ok it was just working in a warehouse, all he had to do was get the bus, which I have him the money for and he never showed up.

His answer to me was, it wasn't what he wanted to do. He spent the £10 I gave him for the bus on junk food though.

There is some people that are just beyond help.

For clarity I'm not saying all people on the dole are like this, and this is good news for those that are truly deserving of it. I am not one to tar everyone with the same brush

Sadly there are a small minority of people that are beyond help. They are lifes drifters and they cant be changed, they will always be supported by the state......which is annoying because it takes resources away from the majority on benefits that do need the help.

I would guess that having such a person connected to the family causes disharmony.

i am a benefits scrounger
i got a letter today saying my benefits will increase by around a quite nice 4%
i like some in my situation have no intension off getting work
i will claim everything i am entitled to and help others do the same
none off my friends who know me well have a problem with the way i use the system and are grateful when i help them get the maximum out the system they can :D;)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sadly there are a small minority of people that are beyond help. They are lifes drifters and they cant be changed, they will always be supported by the state......which is annoying because it takes resources away from the majority on benefits that do need the help.

I would guess that having such a person connected to the family causes disharmony.

He is unspoken of in the family and is very much the black sheep. Unfortunately to promote family values I do have to put up with him every Christmas through gritted teeth while he sits on his bum and just stuffs his face without a thanks or even offer to help with the washing up. It's only 1 day a year so it's not to bad.

But yes there are people that drift. But there are also decent honest people whom have fallen on hard times, through redundancy or illness etc, I'm glad it's going up for those who need it.

There are no parallels with the govt aid spending during Covid-19

Sure there are. A nation is not the same as a housewife. It can run a deficit in times of need. How do you think we financed wars in the past? How do you think we had public housebuilding of "homes fit for heroes?" (now largely owned by private landlords).

i am a benefits scrounger
i got a letter today saying my benefits will increase by around a quite nice 4%
i like some in my situation have no intension off getting work
i will claim everything i am entitled to and help others do the same
none off my friends who know me well have a problem with the way i use the system and are grateful when i help them get the maximum out the system they can :D;)

Big Al, can you let Notch 7, John D and Sir G know that you are a benefits scrounger, because they are convinced that people like you do not exist!

What benefits are you claiming, and how many other people do you know are doing the same?

Big Al, can you let Notch 7, John D and Sir G know that you are a benefits scrounger, because they are convinced that people like you do not exist!

What benefits are you claiming, and how many other people do you know are doing the same?
they will naturally know the little teazer i have been playing as have many others that have worked it out and havent commented others have had thoughts but have had respect and contained them
any one who has done even basic research into benefits will know the greatest amount off benefits go to the elderly and benefits for most increased by 1.7 and only those on the triple lock [pension gtee]get the 3.9%:D;)
the others i mentioned are a fireman and an accountant
a nurse and a teacher
a plumber and an electrician all with children so benefits scroungers as they get child benefits they are entitled to

Last edited:
they will naturally know the little teazer i have been playing as have many others that have worked it out and havent commented others have had thoughts but have had respect and contained them
any one who has done even basic research into benefits will know the greatest amount off benefits go to the elderly and benefits for most increased by 1.7 and only those on the triple lock [pension gtee]get the 3.9%:D;)
a nurse and a teacher
a plumber and an electrician all with children so benefits scroungers as they get child benefits they are entitled to
Bloody pensioners, with your consistent voting patterns and thus disproportionate influence on political priorities.

*Shakes avocado toast angrily*

a nurse and a teacher

You set an elephant trap but still caught Andy the possum.

Bloody pensioners, with your consistent voting patterns and thus disproportionate influence on political priorities.

*Shakes avocado toast angrily*
apparently people used to switch from labour to tory in mid 30s now its mid 50s :LOL:
i am glad i remember the help i needed growing up buying my house rasing my son and dont wish to be selfish and pull up the draw bridge behind me;)

Sponsored Links
Back