Ipods for unemployed teens.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just heard a report on the radio about some government scheme to give Ipods to unemployed teens as a bribe to get them to go out and work. What is this country coming too. Stop their bl**dy benefits, they will have to go out and work then. Somebody shoot Tony Bliar for gods sake. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Cant see anything wrong with that, I mean Royal Mail gave cars to people who turned up for work.. :LOL: :LOL:

Fair point, they are very considerate, train drivers get a huge great train to play with all day :p

Sponsored Links
I have worked with quite a few previously unemployed teens who were unemployed because they were unemployable. Either totally inept or don't give a f**k. I know employers who won't use the Jobcentre to advertise for unskilled workers because they will be sent people who have to attend interviews to keep their benefits but who really don't want a job.

If you give some of these people an ipod it will probably do us all a favour as they won't be able to hear the Jobcentre phoning to offer them an interview!

Are you sure it was "Free iPod for unemployed teens", and not "Free kick in the pods for unemployed teens"?

yeah, but these ipods have a special 240v attachment to gee them out of bed in the mornings.

scuse poor keyboarding, i'm writing with babe in arms....

petewood said:
I have worked with quite a few previously unemployed teens who were unemployed because they were unemployable. Either totally inept or don't give a f**k. I know employers who won't use the Jobcentre to advertise for unskilled workers because they will be sent people who have to attend interviews to keep their benefits but who really don't want a job.

If you give some of these people an ipod it will probably do us all a favour as they won't be able to hear the Jobcentre phoning to offer them an interview!

Post of the year?

I too have worked with some of these.....you just have to look at the parents.

I have had parents who have put the Kybosh on their kids going to work because it would effect their benefit.

Parents ringing me becuse their kid is only on 90 quid a week as a building trade apprentice when they could be getting 160 a week in Mac Donalds!!!......that sort of metality rubs off im affraid

iPods for people without jobs?......it just goes to show this country for what it is doesnt it...the next 'initiative' will be peoople who work giving people who dont a quarter of their wages just in case they dont have enough money for bingo/fags/cheap cider/sky/a car.....becuase they have rights too you know!

Right im off to see if the government will write off the remaining money I owe for the business support grant I recieved.... ;)

soilders get free guns./;'
but soon start complaining when they get shot at,.

Sponsored Links
Back