Besides the depth, is there any other difference between the size of a 47mm and 35mm 2 gang dry lining box?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm not sure that "dry lining boxes" actually have "knockouts", as such, do they?
I have to admit that I missed the dry lining bit. I never have nor will use one of those so I don't really know. The pictures seem to show a single knockout in the back but that's not going to be constrained by the depth.

I'm not sure that "dry lining boxes" actually have "knockouts", as such, do they?

In relation to a 47 mm metal box, I think what you say may well be right.

Kind Regards, John
Yes, they do. Circular ones in the rear and rectangular ones top and bottom.

1679863852089.png

The deep metal boxes have a mixture of 20 and 25mm knockouts.

1679864031437.png

Yes, they do. Circular ones in the rear and rectangular ones top and bottom.
I must confessed that I hadn't noticed, or had forgotten the round ones at the back (I certainly don't recall ever using them, and, given the situations they are used in, doubt whether I would ever want to, or necessarily 'be able to'!).

I'm aware of the rectangular ones but assumed (given the way you described it, with just a 'diameter') that you were talking only about round ones.

Kind Regards, John

Can't remember mentioning diameter?
You didn't, but i doubt that you have a way of adequately describing a rectangle with only one dimension, and we all know what shape 20mm and 25mm knockouts are (and what measurement is used to describe them - clue .... it's not the circumference :) ).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back