Best Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend any high quality combi boilers with long warranties; particularly, but not exclusively, those that can incorperate integral condensate pumps. This boiler would be for a detached single storey 11 radiator property. If condensate pump can't be fitted the boiler would have to be fitted in the loft, so suitable recommendations would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
wow first one this week!!!

try looking through the pages mate as this gets asked soo many times.

corgiman said:
wow first one this week!!!

try looking through the pages mate as this gets asked soo many times.

what do I look for...best boiler, best boiler with condensate pump, or best boiler for lofts!

Will some kind person with the actual knowledge I seek, please reply. If somebody can just tell which top makes of boiler have an integral condensate pump that would be most helpful.

Sponsored Links
cdg said:
Perhaps it should be an FAQ item then?

waaaay to many different opinions

As far as i know no one makes an integral c pump

there is a brand that makes a boiler that "squirts" the condesate out of the flue but i forget which one sorry

corgiman said:
cdg said:
Perhaps it should be an FAQ item then?

waaaay to many different opinions

As far as i know no one makes an integral c pump

there is a brand that makes a boiler that "squirts" the condesate out of the flue but i forget which one sorry

Not too sure but I believe Ideal and Glowworm do have the pumps as optional fittings - are those makes considered top quality?

It is Atmos that do the the "squirt" design, but only on the horizontal thru-wall concentric flue...typically I would need it to be a vertical flue on mine! :(

Can you tell me which boiler makes are manufacured in Germany.

Vaillant , Buderus , and Weissmann are German boilers . I sugest that you google :condensate pump : ,there are quite a few out there . I believe grundfos manufacture domestic models .

WHy an integral pump - just put one underneath.
Look at Viessman and Buderus perhaps. They're supposed to be good but I know of no reliability figures. Bear in mind that if you own something exotic you're likely to have more difficulty when it does go wrong, finding an engineeer or parts, so quiz the importer.
There's a stack of factors which will probably matter more than apparent country of origin of the boiler.

Just because some manufacturers are based in one country it does not mean that their boilers are made there.

Potterton and Ideal are both based in the UK yet many of their boilers are made in Italy.

I have been told that some Vaillants are assembled in Italy.

I would not care where a boiler is made! Its the design and components that I assess when choosing a boiler.

Tony

Valliant do a condensate pump that's wired throught the boiler so if it fails the boiler stays off. Which is good.

ChrisRoberts said:
Valliant do a condensate pump that's wired throught the boiler so if it fails the boiler stays off. Which is good.

They should all be wired in to do that if they are installed correctly.

kevplumb said:
best boiler i have ever had is hanging on the wall and heating rads at the mo (no i am ot gonna tell yer the make ) ;)

I bet its a Valliant ;)

Kev if your boiler (Netaheat?) is heating the rads, mate, you need to get a man in to fix it...

Good German boiler the Vaillant, pity about the cr@ppy Italian Giannoni diverters in them...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back