Best brands for Mains LED Downlighters

The only issue with downlighters is positioning is dictated by joists and other obstacles like pipes etc! eg, on my landing I wanted two central to the stairwell, because a roof joist was smack back central I ended up with one to the left & one to the right, it actually looks better though! For your large room I'd have a 3 or 4 gang switch, one(two) to switch the pendant(s) and the other two to switch the downlights. If you have a long row of them make them alternate, eg, row of 8, one switch controls 4, so you would have:-

x on x off x on x off x on x off x on x off

Sponsored Links
I don't know why you're bothering either, tata!
I'm going nowhere.

I'm sure there are numerous other threads on here you can pollute with your ramblings & lack of help.
It is not pollution.

It is not rambling.

It is helpful to tell people that a ceiling full of little recessed torches is not an appropriate way to light a room.

I don't recall telling anyone to use a "ceiling full of little recessed torches".

Perhaps you could enlighten (pun intended) the OP on how they should be lighting their room?

I don't recall telling anyone to use a "ceiling full of little recessed torches".
http://www.loxa.co.uk/assets/user1/docs/LX315-LED-Spec-sheet.pdf
Oh look - it's a little recessed torch.

Perhaps you could enlighten (pun intended) the OP on how they should be lighting their room?
With something designed to light up rooms.

Not with something which is not merely not designed to do that, but is fundamentally something actively designed to not do it.

Sponsored Links
Arh, an Internet troll with over 50k posts. Sad person, best to ignore from now on.

Or, you could really surprise us all and actually post up some links to what YOU suggest would do the job.

But that would actually be useful.

Arh, an Internet troll
Given how untrue that is, and how you would not be able to produce a shred of evidence to support the allegation (HINT: - me posting things with which you disagree does not make me a troll), all that does is to show that either you really are not very bright or you simply do not care if any assertions you make have any veracity.

Or, you could really surprise us all and actually post up some links to what YOU suggest would do the job.
I don't know what other people's taste is, so given that there is no shortage of online lighting vendors it seems pointless to say "use this". Generic advice to "use something designed to light rooms rather than something designed to not light them" will suffice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back