Best combi on the market

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I work for a company who fit and recommend Worcester. I usually fit the Greenstar CDi models. Just wondering what everyone else fits or rates the best. I personally find worcester make it very easy for the installer and manufacture very intelligent boilers

Sponsored Links
WB are average.

Nothing more nothing less.

Some future maintenance worries about the amount of plastic they are using; but then so are all the mainstream boys now. :(.

Why do manufacturers feel to need to create "intelligent" anything????

I've just had a CDI fitted, and yes it's very intelligent, delayed start, instant hot water, RF controller. All very nice things to have, but at the end of the day i would rather have a reliable boiler than something you need to be a hydrophysicist to understand.

Has no one ever heard the phrase K.I.S.S.?????

Sponsored Links
LeeJC said:

I've just had a CDI fitted, and yes it's very intelligent, delayed start, instant hot water, RF controller. All very nice things to have, but at the end of the day i would rather have a reliable boiler than something you need to be a hydrophysicist to understand.

So you prefer a crock like Morris Minor to a modern car like the Prius. Shishhhhhhh!!!!!

Dan_Robinson said:
Yep, and that why our usual choice for a combi is this .

Naff all in them to go wrong and (ignoring the pump for a moment) sludge proof.

The Atmos is good. The top end is ACV, Viessmann, ECO-Hometec. Quantum (not sure if they have a combi), Etag and a few others. Vaillant and W-B are mid range.

Doctor Drivel said:
LeeJC said:

So you prefer a crock like Morris Minor to a modern car like the Prius. Shishhhhhhh!!!!!

No i prefer Lexus's take on the hybrid car, although i drive a heavily polluting V8 and thoroughly enjoy it, and don't get me started on the whole global warming tosh!!! funny how the fact the hole in the ozone layer has closed yet it's being kept very quiet. The planet's a living organism as much as we are, and what better way to regulate temperature than a hole you can open and close??????

Leejc wrote

ozone layer has closed yet it's being kept very quiet.

Going off topic but the ozone layer has nothing to do with global warming.!

and what better way to regulate temperature than a hole you can open and close

You have a hole you can open and close. Perhaps be best to close it. :rolleyes:

ok so the ozone layer doesn't have anything to do with planet temperature regulation then?? So it closing and therefore reducing the amount of UV-B rays reaching the planet, will have no significant impact on temperature at all.

I'm obviously in a minority here, but weather records began in 1840, we can drill ice cores back a few hundred years. Unprecedented climate change in the last 10,000 years "probably"..............truth is no one knows, but we can guess all we like and then we can hit people over the head with big sticks and bigger taxes about carbon footprints...........if etna and stromboli go again, who's gonna tax them on their carbon output???

I can shut my hole, i can also accept any old line of rubbish which the people in power choose to throw at me..............luckily i've been bought up to think for myself.

Cheers
Lee :D

p.s. Aplogies for the hijack. :(

Alfies Revenge said:
I work for a company who fit and recommend Worcester. I usually fit the Greenstar CDi models. Just wondering what everyone else fits or rates the best. I personally find worcester make it very easy for the installer and manufacture very intelligent boilers

shame they are so badly put together that most engineers hate repairing them ! all the breakdown bits behind the good bits WB no thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back