Best Electric saw for cutting pallets and timber?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at getting or hiring a simple hand held circular saw that would slice through a few pallets I have stacked up plus a fair bit of timber all for winter firewood.

What would be the best solution something like a 9" circular saw hire?

I just need to cut the wood into 1 foot (or under) lengths for the woodburner, as we had work on our house done, and all the wood is now stacked ready for fuel :)

Any ideas, or something quick powerful and handheld that would do the job quickly?

I did manage to borrow a mate's DeWalt bench saw last year, but as these are pallets it would be easier to cut them at the same time as dismantling them.

Trying to prize them apart, or suggestions of smashing them up with a sledgehammer (which i've had) just leaves pallets in splinters..

Sponsored Links
Due to the messy construction and plentiful nails, maybe a multipurpose saw with a reciprocating blade would help? As per Screwfix 40058.
John :)

Sponsored Links
yep reciprocal saw best bet for this job and general garden pruning but not for accurate strait work if you need to use it for other woodwork tasks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back