Best Mousetrap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Serious question, whats the best way to catch a mouse?
Little $hit ran along the hall and the wife screamed! I looked out the front room where I was decorating to see the little blighter dart into the gas cupboard under the stairs. Its only a small cupboard, about 2' x 2'-6" but full of tools etc. I set up barriers in case it did a runner but after emptying the cupboard there is no sign of the sod! There is a small hole between the back skirting board and the bottom stair where some cables pass through so I can only assume its gone in there.At the moment I am sitting here with a broken jaffa cake inside a clear plastic bottle and a cord round the neck just outside the hole. Hopefully, with a lot of patience the ba$tard will go inside and i'll have it! Wish me luck, it could be a long night.

Sponsored Links
conny, why don't you get a cat, that would see it off in short time.
or fit a pir sensor that releases a large weight suspended from an electro magnet when triggered, these are obtained from.. beep beep 'Acme Ltd'

Wotan

sledgehammer.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks Wotan, I knew someone would come up with a sensible answer.
Wife is considering going to a rescue centre for one and if that fails she will move out.
Mmmm, now which option would I prefer? LOL!

Merlin, are they the humane type? I like the idea of not killing them but right now I could exterminate every last one on the planet!

II bought the humane type, forgot to check it. Found a dead mouse inside a week later :oops:

Hi conny....we have had this problem.....with both mice and rats.....and yes I do have a lovely clean house :)
Inside the house we use a traditional mouse trap with cheese.....outside we use very carefully placed rat poison....
I don't really like killing anything but unfortunately when it in your home it has to be done.....
I imagine the problem with a cat is that you may find the mouse anywhere :eek:

Hi conny....we have had this problem.....with both mice and rats.....and yes I do have a lovely clean house :)
Inside the house we use a traditional mouse trap with cheese.....outside we use very carefully placed rat poison....
I don't really like killing anything but unfortunately when it in your home it has to be done.....
I imagine the problem with a cat is that you may find the mouse anywhere :eek:
Cats tend to present their owners with the prey caught, as a gift, possibly in cat thinking terms, a thank you present.

Wotan

Let us know how you get on.

I can always lend you our Smudgley who will soon have him for breakfast!

I'm sure this question has come up before. I've used the regular spring type which have worked but only seem to be of any use for a couple of times at which point the mice or rats avoid them. I've also used a humane trap, a metal affair where the vermin go inside and trip a door. However, you are of course left with a live mouse or rat inside so I submerged the whole thing in water to drown the poor creature. You have to be careful to wash afterwards because of the possibility of weils diesease but I think the dropping in water removes any trace of the mouse and I find the trap can be used repeatedly.
A while ago I had rats inhabiting a wood pile and feeding at the compost heap. Now rats always have runs and will follow them if disturbed. So I blocked the run and disturbed the rat in the heap who then came to a halt at which point I skewered him with a metal pole. I then put poison down and knocked out his family of seven.
On another occasion I lifted the bin lid and two rats shot out. I managed to pin the one with the bin lid half in and half out of the bin. The only thing to hand was a bucket so I beat it to death with said bucket.

Sponsored Links
Back