Best Mousetrap?

Take an empty plastic container such as a ice cream tub. Use either peanut butter or chocolate mixed with expanding foam , fill the tub then out the lid back on. Make a small hole to allow the mouse or rat to enter the tub. The rodent eats the foam together with the peanut butter / chocolate. The foam re-activates in the rodents stomach and literaly blows the creature up within a very short period of time. Not exactly everyones cup of tea but very effective. I personaly have no compunction what method I use as long as I get results.

So expanding foam expands after it has expanded?

Yes. There is some kind of reaction in the stomach that causes the foam to expand further. I have used this method many times and can confirm that it actualy works.

Sponsored Links
Nice one, only drawback I see is they keep breeding and this is a one at a time method.

Just wondering if it can be introduced to larger pests like foxes and cats?

Awaits the browbeaters...............

As far as I know it will work with Foxes and cats. As for the one at a time method , yes it is unfortunately , but one at a time is better than nothing I suppose.

People that are cruel to animals are invariably cruel to humans (and in particular children). We've got your number now. ;)

Sponsored Links
People that are cruel to animals are invariably cruel to humans (and in particular children). We've got your number now. ;)

What an utter piece of undiluted idiotic assumption.

Next time your child ( grandchild) comes home with Leptospirosis or similar from walking and falling on a trip to the canal or the back of your garden you may just regret that idiotic statement.

I really hope that the above never happens, but vermin carry diseases.

I really hope that the above never happens, but vermin carry diseases.[/quote]

This is true but one can be humane

Next time your child ( grandchild) comes home with Leptospirosis or similar from walking and falling on a trip to the canal or the back of your garden you may just regret that idiotic statement.
From what I've read, Leptospirosis is very rare so let alone from back of your garden?

From what I've read, Leptospirosis is very rare so let alone from back of your garden?

Rare, not unknown.
Rather not take the risk.

Anymore pedantic replies?

Rare, not unknown.
Rather not take the risk.
Okay, I understand you rather not take any low risk but what's your answer to live in a 100% disease free world?

A bit like saying, would you have a blood transfusions knowing you could get HIV but it's rare, where do you draw the line?
Anymore pedantic replies?
Can you show me where?

I now see why you call yourself Joe 90. It must be after that wooden headed puppet from the sixties!!. You are a very irritating person and to know you personaly must be rather like working with a pebble in your boot. I have now chose to put you on ignore and hope you do likewise to me.

I do hope some of these people have merely been having us on and do not actually carrying out some of these practices. It makes me very sad to think that anyone could derive pleasure from inflicting pain on a small creature or for that matter on any living creature, animal or human.
If animals must be culled it should be done humanely.
There are no bad animals they only try to survive.

I lived in a farm cottage 20 yrs ago, plagued by mice. My brother, and a few others sharing were all veggie washoots , so it was left to me to deal with it. I used a traditional all steel trap with cheese- but the critical trick is to get a pair of long nosed pliers and a file and you have to finely tune the release mechanism. I caught six in one night setting it under the kitchen sink where we knew they were entering(lots of droppings), and that includes the one in my Cortina that was stripping the seats of foam for its nest presumably.

You can't f**k about with vermin. We all came back from the pub one Friday night quite p*ssed, and one of my housemates stuck some bread in the toaster. Seconds later that minging stench of burning hair filled the kitchen. One was in the toaster but to this day we don't know if it was caught in there and died of fright or was electrocuted. The toaster got ditched needless to say!

I do hope some of these people have merely been having us on and do not actually carrying out some of these practices. It makes me very sad to think that anyone could derive pleasure from inflicting pain on a small creature or for that matter on any living creature, animal or human.
If animals must be culled it should be done humanely.
There are no bad animals they only try to survive.

I suspect most of them do mean what they say , I know I certainly do. It is not a question of deriving pleasure , it is driven out of neccesity. When you have a rodent problem especialy rats , and you have tried all in your means to get rid of them in a humane manor , if that does not work then what are we supposed to do? Give them a stroke and say 'run along!'. If you have children and you know you have a rat problem , which comes first?. Kids every time!. Even without kids , if you have rats and have tried everything and it does not work , then any method and I do mean any method is on the table.

Sponsored Links
Back