Best place to buy Sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me some advice on where the best place or online store to buy electrical sockets. I'm looking to change the majority of the houses sockets.

Sponsored Links
We weren't sure as to which type we fancied until we had seen the range.

I do appreciate your replies and I'm sure they will be just what we need.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
yuck

Crabtree, MK and MEM are good ones.

Your local wholesaler or DIY shed probably sells them in cartons of 10 or more at a better price.

The cheap ones are... cheap.

generally, get White DP switched doubles everywhere, except the kitchen where you might like brushed stainless (not mirror finish as it will show every mark) and in the main reception room where you might like polished brass.

Stick with the recognised brands as JohnD said - cheap is great for the few months until the rocker switches get rough and then stick either on or off.

I'm not in my seventies!

And in my house, I have white, except some red ones :oops: in the kitchen to match the tiles.

But I don't know Szgany's tastes.

I'm a quiet fan of GET.

WF do that range as their Alto brand & they have served me well.

When I was self-employed, I fitted GET ever since WF replaced their old range. [Really cheap & nasty stuff!]

Never had to send one back.

If you're a DIYer like me you might find that you need a trade account to get a good price from local electrical factors. My (limited) experience of Screwfix is that they're great for people in a hurry but you pay a bit of a premium for that.

I just bought a few items from these people:

http://www.rbstar.co.uk/

and, given that I've only bought from them once,I found them cheap and efficient, even for a small order. They do a good range too.

hth

(Glad you recommend GET securespark. I just bought a load of their slimline sockets)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back