Best Practice for Zones / Areas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

Have just installed a Texecom 48 with 5 wired zones, plus a 32xp expander for 5 wireless zones. All is working ok physically, but I was wondering what people's opinions are on the set-up of zones / areas, and the relative advantages and disadvantages from people's experience

The alarm protects a house with a detached garage. Downstairs has entry/exit protection, and 4 PIRs, upstairs has two PIRs, and the garage has 1 PIR.

I'm wondering if it would all be best set as Area A, with a couple of part arms (to turn off upstairs at bedtime, and perhaps just garage, entry and exit for evenings) or if it would be best split into areas. I was thinking either house as Area A and Garage as B, or perhaps Downstairs as A, upstairs as B and garage as C (or even Perimiter doors as A, downstairs PIRs as B, upstairs as C and garage as D!!)

Struggling to work out in my head the relative advantages etc - any opinions?

Thanks

Nik

PS: My first post, please be gentle!!

Sponsored Links
~Part could be easier as you could have one button setting.
Areas have more options as in amount of areas you can use.

Try both, see what you and your family find easier to use is the better advice.

Good advice, thanks...

Think I'll just go for one area / part set to start with as its probably easier to program. Next time the wife and kids are all out for the day, I might have a play with areas...

Nik

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back