Pyronix Zones - programming the entry routes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the Enforcer panel, and have set the detectors as follows:

Zone
A - Downstairs detectors, inc front door entry/exit contact and Hall and Lounge PIR where I would cross to get to the panel
B - Upstairs detectors
C - Shed detectors

I have set the front door input to 08 FX (Area ER), and Hall/Lounge PIRs to 09 ER (Area FX). After setting zones ABC active when arming, the door contact sets off the entry timer when opened, but the Hall/Lounge PIRs activates the alarm immediately.

If I configure the inputs of the Hall/Lounge PIRs to zones ABC, this seems to work and allows me to get to the panel without setting off the alarm. However, I get the App notification for each zone that the Hall represents, so I get: "Shed: Hall PIR; Upstairs: Hall PIR; Downstairs: Hall PIR", which is obviously wrong, but I get it why it's doing it. So why did I have to set the PIRs to zones ABC to get this working?

I also have the 4-button remote, and this behaves differently to using the keypad: When I set to Full Set (padlock button), it counts down the exit timer, and isn't set to final exit. Where do I change the settings for keyfob?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your entry exit in A is 07 final exit
In part set e.g. Bedtime if you come downstairs and the hallway pir sees you , this zone should be 09 area Fx
Any zones you cross to get to the panel should be access
Keyfob remote should be ok on this setting

Your entry exit in A is 07 final exit

Just tried changing that from 08 FX (Area ER) to 07 Final Exit, but opening/closing the front door doesn't arm the alarm, and the timer just continues until Set Fail.

Keeping to this setting, if I arm only A, then it works. If I arm all zones, it doesn't work, unless I configure the input to all zones (currently set to A only). Does this help? My thinking is that zones BCD requires either a timed or final door set, whether it be a detector in it's own zone, or from another zone, and hence why the front door needs to belong to all zones?

Sponsored Links
Apologies, it should be 10 FX (Area ER). BTW, it only seems to be the App that reports all zones even though the sensor is from the hallway - the panel itself reports it correctly, so could be a bug in the app.

Despite that, still like to know why I need to configure the door contact as zones ABCD

Have you altered the setting modes ? As default A is timed or final , other areas are timed ....if you have changed to final ..you will need to open and close the final door

Unless I'm misinterpreting what you've put, it sounds like you've programmed it as if it were areas, not levels. The enforcer only does level sets, and only one can be set at one time. So your example should be,

AB - Downstairs detectors, inc front door entry/exit contact and Hall and Lounge PIR where I would cross to get to the panel
A- Upstairs detectors
BC- Shed detectors

Level A = Full set

Level B = Downstairs and Shed (night time)

Level C = Shed only

You can't go from C to A without disarming area C first. Same with other areas.

Still trying to get my head around areas compared to levels. Yes you are right that I have areas fixed into my head.

If Level A = Full set, why isn't Shed included in AB?

E.g. Shed detector A.B.C
Landing detector A.
Lounge detector A.B
These are the areas that each detector would be active in that setting !

Still trying to get my head around areas compared to levels. Yes you are right that I have areas fixed into my head.

If Level A = Full set, why isn't Shed included in AB?

AB isn't one group, you're specifying what individual levels a particular zone will be active in.

Also, is Level A - Full Set a pre-configured level on the panel, ie. it's a fixed level config for all detectors? And I presume that all other levels are used to set individual levels (part set) if Level A - Full set is not used?

Nope, fairly sure you can have zones assigned one level, whether it be A B C or D.

You need to program each zone as required ....so as default each zone has A as a set level , so each extra part set you require you will need to add the other area settings ..e.g. B,C,D....
It's not that hard !
All in A
Everything needed at night in B
Everything needed to arm sheds in C

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back