best tool to cut Fascia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I just wanting some advise on cutting Fascia boards which sound like simple thing to answer but my concern is that i only need to cut about 10mm off a 5m length (long-ways) so i'm just thinking about the best way to do this without scratching the fascia and also obviously getting a clean cut ?
I can either use my circular saw or jigsaw ? i've got some metal blades for the jigsaw but i don't always find that i get as clean a cut from this as i do the circular saw but i've only got the stock blade (24T TCT) in that ? am i better off using the circular saw and if so then what teeth number do i need ?
Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Circular saw with a nice fine, sharp blade. Cut from the back and go gently.

Sponsored Links
Just use a normal wood/hand saw

And likely have a wonky cut when he gets to the end of his 5 metre length.

A 60 or 80 tooth blade will be fine, though saying that I used a mitre saw with a 20 tooth evolution blade to cut uPVC at the weekend and it done a nice clean cut. Also used an erbauer 40t blade on my circular say on lexan sheet and it also provided a really nice clean cut.

Thanks all and yes, the point of me asking was that it's over 5m so a hand saw would defeat the purpose

Jeez. You lay the facia on a long piece of wood or something, move it out 10mm and then cut 10mm with a hand saw.

What is easier than that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back