BG guys, fall on a condensate pipe ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
"Because it's your world" :p , ooookaaaaayyy, just been to a BG installation, Glowworm Flexicom, been in "just over" 12 months, the condensate run is 4.4 metres, external run, frozen solid pretty much the length of it, how much fall according to the installation instructions should it have ???, anyone, well I can tell you it's NOT 70mm :rolleyes:, BG wont fix it cause it's "out of warranty", they want an arm and a leg to go and fix it, well I don't think the customer will be taking it lying down, I have done a temporary to get the boiler working, I think they will looking to get the £85.00 back I charged them as well, keep it up, makes me look brilliant, why "because it's my world" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: BG I lurrrrrvvvvvvvve you :LOL:

Sponsored Links
BG wont fix it cause it's "out of warranty", they want an arm and a leg to go and fix it, well I don't think the customer will be taking it lying down,

Manuel, he say;
"To discharge condensate to a drain, the drain pipe should have a fall of a least 44mm/metre (2.5°) away from the boiler."

Not installed to Manufacturer's installation instructions, IMHO.
Back to you BG.

Sponsored Links
Well done, you found a condensate thats not been installed correctly. Must be the only one ever fitted like that.

Bet you made a mess in your trousers after finding that. Would you like BG to pay for the dry cleaning too?

Too right :evil: "Because it's my trousers" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thing is the customer questioned it at the time and was told, "it was to regs" haaaaa hahahahah :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wouldn't there be more mileage in the maximum external length being 3m?, I think the difference between the drop now and the additional 2" drop it needs ain't exactly going to make a fat deal of difference in minus 10!

The condensate pipe on my boiler just exits the wall (straight out) by a few inches. No downward pipe to a drain or soakaway. Quality :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: (mind you, saves it freezing ) ;) ;) ;) ;)

The condensate pipe on my boiler just exits the wall (straight out) by a few inches. No downward pipe to a drain or soakaway. Quality :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: (mind you, saves it freezing ) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Don't count on it I've done loads with only a few inches of pipe exposed. The way worcesters, in particular, discharge their condensate you have got no hope in this weather without a trace heater / insulation kit.

Had one other day inch and a half pipe out of the wall straight ten foot drop no bends and that froze so dont think 2.5 degree fall matters that much

trace heating for a condensate pipe, save co2 emmissions having a condensing boiler, then waste more co2 having an electrical trace wire to defrost your condensate line, niling out the energy saving, man this industry is a focking joke :rolleyes:

trace heating for a condensate pipe, save co2 emmissions having a condensing boiler, then waste more co2 having an electrical trace wire to defrost your condensate line, niling out the energy saving, man this industry is a focking joke :rolleyes:

how much co2 does a condenser save and how much does a trace wire create?

Mate they run on 24v and an atmosphere thermostat, running costs are a couple of quid a year. I'm pretty sure you could also link them into a switched live off the boiler aswell to try and reduce that a little.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back