Biased Mod's post removed,, hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure he's trolling.

Liberally calling people racist demeans those who are actually racially abused.
It is not trolling if and when I provide that proof.
If the racist refuses to accept that proof, and cannot provide any other explanation other than mere denial, or distortion of others' comments (for which they are not unknown to do), the description applies.

There does not have to be an act of racism for someone to be a racist.
If their beliefs are inherently and fundamentally racist, they are racist.

When the mood and culture of the forum is dominated by such people, the forum appears to have that mantle of racism.

Sponsored Links
The problem is there is a sociologcal taxonomy of classification of race ie caucasian, negroid based on physical characteristics ie skin, hair colour, nose shape etc

But there is also a biological definition of humans and there isnt enough morphological or genetic differences to create separate human race.

So we are a single biological human race but we can use sociolgcal terms to define differe nt races.

The problem is there is a sociologcal taxonomy of classification of race ie caucasian, negroid based on physical characteristics ie skin, hair colour, nose shape etc

But there is also a biological definition of humans and there isnt enough morphological or genetic differences to create separate human race.

So we are a single biological human race but we can use sociolgcal terms to define differe nt races.
Race and ethnicity are synonymous.
The sociological taxonomy of races is that socially constructed concept of race. Therefore that socially constructed concept cannot exclude racism between ethnicities, cultures or nationalities.
Which is where the racial essentialists rely on their belief that racism can only exist between races, using the term race as the narrow, simple definition of race, which in their view, is not synonymous with ethnicity.

As you say, there is a socially constructed concept of race. There is no scientific support for the belief in different races.

Those that I describe as racists ascribe to the illogical belief that there are different races in the one human race, and that use of the term race is used in the narrow, simple concept which is different to ethnicity. They argue that there are scientific biological differences between these supposed races.

Dear God!
Around and around we go again.
These people probably consider race to be synonymous with ethnicity. Something which EFLimpudence has repeatedly rejected. You have repeatedly agreed with him.
Race is a leftover word from a bygone era. It is now used synonymously with race.
You're guessing what they meant... 'probably' isn't good enough - I'd like facts please (something you're short of). Most people, knowing how the word race has been used for the last 100 years will presume they are indeed talking about race.

Sponsored Links
You're guessing what they meant... 'probably' isn't good enough - I'd like facts please (something you're short of). Most people, knowing how the word race has been used for the last 100 years will presume they are indeed talking about race.
Ask them. I made an assumption. For you to dismiss my assumption, you'll need to ask those that I made an assumption about in order to prove that my assumption is incorrect.
You really are going round in circles. - MOD Let me assist you with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back