Biasi 24S boiler...only tepid D H W flow?

The blue tap test has demonstrated that the obvious cause of a 10° temperature difference between the boiler and hot tap is not a cross coupling.

I am not convinced that your measurements have been meaningful.

Could you do the following test EXACTLY as I have listed it then I can tell you the probable cause.

Set the boiler to DHW only.

Set the shower to hot only and the flow rate to 8 li/min and then measure the temperature at boiler out pipe and then at shower output after its stabilised for a few minutes.

I would remind you I was basing my suggestion on the information that there was a 10°C loss between boiler and bathroom. I am now begining to wonder if this was true.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi again Gasguru...had to go out yesterday PM and am at work today...is there a setting on a boiler to give flow rates (cant see how) or do I just set up on a bathroom tap using a measured container as you have previously suggested....I will get around to this test asap...probably a few days as I work late.

Hi again Tony...out yesterday PM but thanks for your message......the 10 degree difference you mention was my fault as I did not take into account rates of flow..(see suggestion by Gasguru ).....will be carrying out testing again as soon as I get a day when I am home early enough we are up to our necks at work at the mo...Gasguru has asked me to do a test using a specific flow rate too...is there an easy way to set this on the boiler or do I just use a measured vessel at the tap?

He and I are not independently asking different things, its the basic performance test, and it needs to be run without disturbance for afout 5-6 minutes to stabilise the temperature.

You set the flow rate at the tap but do this when nothing else in the house is taking water, no washing machine! Measure with a jug or better a larger bucket or saucepan.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back