Biasi M90e 32s Boiler - no ignition spark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is apprx 3 year old and has stopped working, i.e. not getting any hot water or heating - pls help! The boiler tries to start-up, i.e. the pump appears to run as I have checked by removing the middle screw and the shaft is spinning, however, the fan does not run and there is no spark on the electrodes. After about 30 seconds from starting the boiler the green light flashes frequently - red light (lock out) does not come on.
Any ideas what I can check/fix...?
PS: I've checked the microswitch, i.e. pin goes in and out and I've even operated it manually by sticking a pin to make the connection whilst running hot tap but still not igniting

Sponsored Links
There are many more things to check, some of which need a CORGI, but if they all checked OK and you have two PCBs then the ignition ( right ) PCB is probably faulty.

Have you tested that the flow switch is actually operating the microswitch contacts ( using a test meter ) ?

One assumes you have checked the air pressure test point plugs are in position!

Tony

They must be a lazy lot up there!

I am going out to a boiler in a few minutes and to two tomorrow!

One of the boilers tomorrow is the same model as yours but I think the gas valve has failed. Its one of the very few landladies who I can trust to pay me after the repair. All other landlords we have to insist on the diagnostic fee in advance!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Glad to hear that its repaired now.

Do you know what was actually wrong with the fan?

Genuine fan failures are very rare on M90 32s.

Dirt in the venturi is much more common.

Tony

I had the same problem with my biasi m90e.32s

It turned out that the contacts to the fan were dirty.

Some cold cleaner electrical contact cleaner on the points of that and also the air pressure switch, left for 1/2 hour and it works again. Hooray!

Think I will take it apart and so a hard clean of the points and reassemble just for peace of mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back