big cylinders stood next to warehouses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
FAILED..
internet explorer cannot open the page...

any of them...

tried the lats and lons into google earth, and they're all off the coast somewhere..

I can see them :)

there is a big one like that outside my local Homebase; I thought it contained hot water, something to do with solar heating perhaps, or waste heat from air con?

Sponsored Links
They are sprinkler water storage tanks used in areas where the mains pressure,flow is inadequate for the sprinkler system. Theory is the tank holds enough water to control the fire and allow time for the firemen to arrive and put the fire out.

ok, my bad, i missed the - sign on the lon's...
but wikimapia still doesn't load..

The box or shed structure next to them is also usually the pump house, containing the pump & stuff for the sprinklers.

B&Q...

Click for bird's eye vu

Blimey, many different pictures floating around now...

BTW Multimap is the only provider I am aware of presenting free OS mapping .. Are there others?
------------------------------------
http://www.fseonline.co.uk/articles.asp?article_id=2939
...The total water demand for the fire area can be from 5,300 l/min to 9,600 l/min. with pressures of about 8 bars. Two half capacity water storage tanks and pumps must be installed as a minimum and only wet type systems are allowed... ??

-p-

As no one else has mentioned it I will, they are for storing water for the sprinkler system

It is the Doncaster Distrubution Centre for B & Q, otherwise known as Redhouse. Its operated by Kuehne & Nagel

..and yes as previously said, they are water storage tanks usually for the sprinkler system

Sponsored Links
Back