bill dispute with bulb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bulb got my MILs bills wrong by transposing the day/night readings (again). when I queried as to why and how they estimated when I had sent in readings. part of the reply I got was this and I quote directly from the person who replied to me

"Your local network submites the readings automatically as it's authenticated as machine account to remote services"

can anyone here decipher this gibberish?

Sponsored Links
Ask them to communicate with you in English.

Make it very clear that until they do, you will be unable to discuss the matter further with them.

Meantime, don't pay them anything...

I have already resolved it but thought that the forum might like to see the level of knowledge that their staff have. I did ask the lady to explain her gibberish but didnt get an answer!! wonder why?

Methinks Bulb will lose a customer soon....

Sponsored Links
Methinks Bulb will lose a customer soon....

They lost me a long time ago. Tried to close an account for someone who was deceased and it was ridiculously difficult. The language barrier didn't help.

If I have problems with 'accents' I ask to speak with the supervisor. If that doesn't resolve it I demand to speak to someone in England with an British accent.

One of our tenants moved out and we discovered they had changed over to Bulb...

We read the meter and verified the account was paid in full. New tenant moved in and started receiving huge bills to cover the existing debt.

Changing from Bulb to another provider was a nightmare. In the end the ombudsman got involved and service changed from E7 [only running immersion and washing machine] to single rate pre-pay with EDF but it still took over a year. That tenant was there for 2 years and again we verified the correct readings with EDF. To add insult to injury that single rate PP meter reading was then used as both rates by Bulb, that bill was thousands.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back