Black bathroom ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

In the process of decorating the bathroom. They was quite a bit of black on the ceiling, caused by moisture in the room. I have painted over it with 2 coats of paint, and I can still see the black through the paint.

What can be done about this?

I was using standard emulsion. Would "bathroom" paint have covered it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Think you should have cleaned it off first.
You can get anti-fungal /mildew products or I have used neat bleach in the past.

"What can be done about this? "

You need to increase ventilation in the future or it will come back without a doubt. This can be as simple as getting used to leaving the window open slightly.
G.

You really need to start again and treat that growth on your ceiling...! Although now you have the added bonus of scraping that emulsion off the ceiling too.

Do it like the last poster suggested and make sure you let it dry thoroughly before repainting.

Best way to ventilate the room is to have an electric fan fitted, at worst you can try opening the window, but may find this a nuisance during winter.

There are guys that go round only fitting electric fans they charge about £100 and a very worthwhile investment it would be.

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back