Black Granite Kitchen Sink Limescale Stains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I bought a black granite kitchen sink from B&Q upon arrival it looked lovely but after a few days it become covered in a white haze and looked dreadful. This must be a cause of the limescale.
I contacted B&Q who had no idea how to clean it but after about 3 weeks got back and suggested I used vinegar. I tried this but it did not work. Since then a friend has advisd to rub olive oil into it. I did this and it works but only for a couple of days.
Can anyone advise please how I can get it back to its original condition without the weekly maintance of oilive oil? The white haze is still apparent once the oil has worn off.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
White vinegar mixed with lemon juice to remove the limescale, needs to be left on over night, the oil just hides the staining it does not remove it.You then need to spray the sink each night with the vinegar mix to maintain. Any water has to be wiped away immediately.

White vinegar mixed with lemon juice to remove the limescale, needs to be left on over night, the oil just hides the staining it does not remove it.You then need to spray the sink each night with the vinegar mix to maintain. Any water has to be wiped away immediately.
better idea, do not put water in it in the first place

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your replies - I will try the vinegar and lemon mix and let you know. Just really sorry to have bought the granite sink now - looks a complete mess in my new kitchen.

If any one reading this is about to splash out on a granite sink I would advise them not to bother.

I had this problem back in the 1980 with a brown bath, fitted a water softener and it sorted the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back