Black vs Brown Plastic Guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been getting some work done in the house and had asked if they could replace our guttering as I had been told previously by a couple of roofers (who were there for other work) that the gutters were not deep enough for the size of roof and also needed reseated to run properly.

Trade said it was no problem but said black plastic is much cheaper than brown plastic. I said we needed brown as everything else was brown and it'd look daft.

He went off and came back saying the deep flow brown plastic guttering was way more expensive than the black plastic so didn't go for it as he thought we would find it too expensive.

I've done a bit of looking online but as I don't know exactly what I'm looking at, I can't tell if he is indeed correct or just has a poor supplier. He is otherwise a really decent guy.

Are brown deep flow plastics really more expensive than black?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It may be a touch more expensive, as its not as common to use. You just need to check supplier prices

The thing is though, it certainly fades much quicker than black, and looks crap in no time.

Thanks woody. There isn't a single thing on the house that is black - everything is brown so it'd look daft with black. Faded brown still better.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
All the woodland ? Has Autumn come early in Scotland - or is it a coniferous plantation;)

Deepflow brown is exactly the same price as black. We have black on the shelf here, the brown we have to order in but it's the same price.

Thanks everyone. Safe to say it is possible to get it at the same price. Shame as the guy is otherwise excellent. Maybe I'll source it and he can fit it.

Ta.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back