Bleach on wooden kitchen work surface

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really need some help! By the way I KNOW how bad this is so please please please don't depress me further! I know there's no real solution but I'm looking for the best possible fixit.

I've spilt bleach on a wooden kitchen worksurface. The worktop is iroko which is a very hard wood. It has been oiled with the product that came with it which simply says 'Prime worktop oil' on the label.

I can't cut the piece out or replace the section. I know it won't look wonderful but how can I make the best of a bad job. Sanding, coloured oil?, woodstain?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Probably better to bleach the whole lot, then stain everything.

how big is the dammaged area!!!!

the usual solution is replace the whole top as repairs will give varying degrees of reducing the dammage
if its only 2 or 3 staves you could router out 10mm deep and remove individal staves not in a line but stepped not nesseserily to the next joint but far enough to look right

now this can still look pants unless the replacement wood has the same moisture content is well glued well sanded and well oiled
if not cracks lumps and bumps will apear as the wood dries and contracts at different rates :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back