United Kingdom
Have just had a referendum on the minimum wage

A minimum. Wage of £3500 a month believed to be the highest in the world

Every worker in Geneva and surrounding area will now receive £19 - 40 p an hour

Sponsored Links
Maybe this has something to do with it?

living.JPG

Sponsored Links
A friend moved to Switzerland about 15 years ago, says he'll never return to England and can't believe how much better at governing and economics the country is. He admits living there is more expensive than here, but everything is better. Well, everything except the beer and curry. Better pay, better work life balance, better parks, better towns and villages (less ugly and crowded developments), better health, better education, and more democratic too. Plus skiing. And he thoroughly enjoyed the brothels too when he first arrived!

A friend of ours moved there with her family about ten years ago and says pretty much the same ( apart from the brothels), she was living on the Black Isle near Inverness which I thought was quite idyllic

A friend moved to Switzerland about 15 years ago, says he'll never return to England and can't believe how much better at governing and economics the country is. He admits living there is more expensive than here, but everything is better. Well, everything except the beer and curry. Better pay, better work life balance, better parks, better towns and villages (less ugly and crowded developments), better health, better education, and more democratic too. Plus skiing. And he thoroughly enjoyed the brothels too when he first arrived!

Blimey did not think they were in the EU :confused:

And they're not in the EU. Just seen you beat me to it transam !

I spend alot of time in Switzerland its a beautiful place to be. Its so far ahead of the UK in every way. Yet strangely behind in others. Tiny kids going to school on their own like it used to happen here years ago.
All Transport hybrid years ago.. and don't get me started on the Trains. No trouble anywhere why? Because the police do not tolerate it. Then there's state pension which is something else.
Long live Switzerland they've got it spot on. If you haven't been there go for a weekend or too.

And they're not in the EU.

Blimey all that and they are not in the EU :eek:

Nah they must be

Than again I suppose if you have been laundering the worlds corrupt states money for 50 odd years

Any thing is Possible :idea:

I don't think their success is from not being in the EU!
If the UK was more like Switzerland then we could be a world leader, but not with all the corruption in politics and business. Our system is designed for the rich to stay rich, while we all just marvel at how well other countries manage to do things.

Because the police do not tolerate it.

My mate was shocked when he first arrived at seeing a young military guy, I think, or policeman, sitting on a tram with an assault rifle casually sitting on his lap.
I guess guns are OK, so long as the people are not driven to violence through enforced poverty by government policy.

I don't think their success is from not being in the EU!
If the UK was more like Switzerland then we could be a world leader, but not with all the corruption in politics and business. Our system is designed for the rich to stay rich, while we all just marvel at how well other countries manage to do things.

Where is most African countries capital

Geneva

Latin American countries Geneva

Russias capital Tis not Moscow its Geneva

Were was Germany capital Geneva all the. MOney the nazis looted its in Geneva

Jeez us wept

The Swiss

Cukoo clocks and dodgy banking :LOL:

Mind u Fritz egli is Swiss

Egli vincent ;)

As was rolf biland multiple world side car champion ;)

And a brilliant engineer

Last edited:
You can ski from Ischgl (Austria) into Swizerland down the 'smugglers run'. We did it a couple of years back and ended up having lunch in a bar being served by tanned long legged serving wenches wearing tiny leather shorts.
We feasted on Grostl - a hearty Alpine dish with potatoes, fried egg, meat and onions.

Sponsored Links
Back