Blimey - this or a brush at a fiver....

Sponsored Links
Price isn't too bad.

A machine is on my to get list as it knackers my back bending over a table when i have a lot of drops to paste. Just ask yourself the question do i want it or do i need it?

Sponsored Links
Price isn't too bad.

A machine is on my to get list as it knackers my back bending over a table when i have a lot of drops to paste. Just ask yourself the question do i want it or do i need it?

do you use a brush or roller?

Hi Opps, i've always used a 4" brush. I think i did try a roller once and struggled to get the paste on evenly and on the edges without getting it on the table.

Going to be switching to the mav 75cm wide lining paper soon so perhaps i should try again, any tips? I know its paste the wall but i've always still pasted the paper as i like to hang it with the 'pliability' wet paper gives you, i find it easier to handle, especially into corners.

I thought I would go modern and get a pasting machine, used it a couple of times for woodchip/lining paper, was more trouble than useful, its chucked in the back of the shed now,
4 inch paste brush/bucket still the most useful tool.

I tried a mini roller with an emulsion head the other day and it worked really well. No hairs from the brush which can happen even with the best. and no paste on the table as I had the next sheets waiting underneath... Not sure if it saved a lot of time but I think there was a more even spread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back