Block laying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey again,

I've just had two windows I'm my kitchen bricked up today, outside skin only, leaving me to to the block work on the inside tomorrow. The smaller of the two windows is only 410mm wide but the breeze blocks are about 460 wide so I can cut then down no problem but can I just sit them on top of each other or do I Still have to stagger them between coarses, it'll only be about4 blocks high.......

The larger window is 1200mm X 800mm so I should be ok with that one, normal staggered effect....

Any tips or pitfalls I should take inboard for this job? Gonna tie it in every other coarse, it's for a kitchen wall so it'll all be getting covered up the block work......

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Staggering (bond) helps strengthen the wall but your small infill can be configured however you like as it needs no strength as such,,,pinenot

However you do it, remember to either bond the new work into the existing or (perhaps easier) build-in steel angle ties screwed to the sides of the existing opening.

Sponsored Links
Why have you laid the blocks end-on and why have you got wooden walls and why are those plug sockets on their side?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back