block paving or flags.

Sponsored Links
yes or someone elses if they get the address wrong! :LOL:

If i wack the ground then lay sand and wack that properly then lay the flags. That will last if done properly there is no car going on it.

So that should be ok shouldnt it?

Loads of peoples i know are done like that and it was done years ago and still sound.

Sponsored Links
no. why do you not want to lay them the preoper way???its no more effort than any of the ways you have asked about and it will last a damn sight longer. By the way i give advice here voluntarily and if you choose to follow it thats up to you, but please dont throw your teddies out of your pram because you get an answer you dont like, as you did in your post youve now removed.

I am just trying to find out because i have been told loads of ways of doing it.
Alot of people have said to me if a car is not going on it just put it on sand as it will be ok.

I am taking your advice on board and know you are telling me the best way to do it but its also the most expensive way. Alls i was trying to find out without throwing peoples information back in there face was under all circumstances when laying block paving or flags do you need to use MOT and under no circumstances can you not just lay on sand if a cars not going on the path.

I have had various flaggers out and been told different ways so i am asking questions on what i am getting told for piece of mind

fair enough. how much are you spending on the paving and what type of paving is it?

It is marshalls Regent paving i need 26m2. Got to phone the builders yard tomorrow to find out the cost of the paving as theres no prices in book.

Could they be bedded down straight on my sub grade?

tp list price is about £7 for the 600 x 600 down to about £3.50 for the 300 x 300, so haggle!

it can be laid on a screeded sharp sand bed but for what you are paying and the type of slab you will be far better off laying it on a mortar bed as suggested before. it will cost you a minimal amount extra in terms of cash and in terms of money. it will look so much better and last so much longer.

choice is yours!

Gonna go with a mortor bed know as that is what i know is the best option.

50mm of mortor directly onto the ground, levelled off then lay slabs.

How much sand and cement will i need to order for 26 m2 ?

i have took my front step out as it was a old concrete one and now want a oval one. Would it be easier to lay the slabs then do the step on top of the slabs to save cutting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back