BLOODY HELL!!!

Sponsored Links
I'm just a baffled as everyone else, why such a vulnerable structure was left unprotected. Part of me thinks it's because it's either pointless or that large ship protection causes other issues.

The USA is willing to accept a level of risk that most other developed countries are not. It's a cultural thing. The same reason they accept lower food standards and probably also why they accept levels of poverty that other developed countries don't.

Sponsored Links
You been living under a rock or too much time digging holes? Think it might be a good idea to come up for air now and again.

Its only the same as me being restricted for saying such things as you are a lying c**t on a public forum.

Banned my arse.

The USA is willing to accept a level of risk that most other developed countries are not. It's a cultural thing. The same reason they accept lower food standards and probably also why they accept levels of poverty that other developed countries don't.
As posted earlier...

I don't think there was ANY regards the bridge. Maybe there is a futility to protecting against massive ship collisions? Maybe it costs too much money v's the probability/risk etc? There seems to be a reliance on the ship doing its bit, rather than the bridge having to protect itself.

Perhaps the cable towers - and their protection - post-dated the bridge?

And no-one bothered to retrofit better protection to the bridge?
Correct.

I wasn't criticising the cable towers protection. Its more that fact that MBK gave them a big-up, when in fact they would not have made a difference to a ship like the Dali.

Last edited:
You've not heard of their appetite for litigation, I take it?

It's just how they do things. Let accidents happen and then sue, rather than preventing them in the first place. They think it makes the economy more dynamic. It's a cultural thing.

Despite a gradual decrease over the past 13 years, the workplace fatality rate per 100,000 people in the U.S. is still significantly higher than in most E.U. countries. At 3.6 fatalities per 100,000 people for the year 2016, the U.S. workplace is nine times more deadly than the British workplace - with a workplace fatality rate of 0.4 for the 2016-2017 period.

It's just how they do things. Let accidents happen and then sue, rather than preventing them in the first place. They think it makes the economy more dynamic. It's a cultural thing.

Perhaps this, but also grasping idiots encouraged by grasping ambulance chasers.

Sponsored Links
Back