BNI and other Networking Organisations

Micky, my comment about 'good value' was in response to the 'Woodmans' experience, not anything you had posted.

So, perhaps I wonder about peoples real motive for staring a new 'chapter', crumbs, it could be a whole lotta £700's passing through...... (oh, and do not forget the merchandising..... - take a peek at BNI.eu/uk/ )

DH

Sponsored Links
mickyg

If you believe that spending £1200 a year in order to get over £40000 worth of business is a rip off then yes BNI is a rip off. As I said before it does not work for everyone but if you took the time to contact people in other groups who are in the same business as you I'm sure they would be happy to tell you their opinions.

This isn't multi-layer marketing or pyramid selling, there is a limit to the number of members in any one group and yes I'm sure the guys at the top do make money out of it but if I am as well then so what!

BNI does follow a certain agenda as I'm sure you found out at the meeting but it does extend beyond the meetings with various events and training sessions orgenised for members.

I have no vested interest in BNI other than the work it brings in but please do not criticise unfairly with out having checked all the facts.

I wouldn't set up your group in the way in which you propose but if you wish for some ideas please feel free to contact me. For Free!!!!

as i said its a good idea. but you dont need to pay for it. If its not a rip off, tell me what BNI do for £700 a year?

i think you probably havent bothered to read the thread to come up with that silly conclusion.

Let me put it simply so you don't have to concentrate for so long. The idea is to get people together who will meet up chat, and out in there daily lives recommend each other.

Its essentially what most of us do already, recommend decent tradesmen we know, but just in a more structured way that encourages you to maybe be more consious of recommending people. Its an ok idea, I just dont see the point in paying for it.

You got caught up in pyramid selling? lol

No I didn't get caught up in pyramid selling, just the concept, and the covert meeting by invite only, and the power selling of 'If I'm successful - then you can be too!', if I confuse that for an illegal type of selling, that has to be paid for, then how is it different, but under a new name? Either that or a conglomerate, to fix prices, locally? Not saying that is the way, but it is described that way.

Sponsored Links
Apologies for the delayed reply mickyg.

For the fee you get a structured meeting agenda, newsletters, training sessions, access to groups across the globe (one guy got a printing job from someone, I believe, in the Maldives), etc.

The last fee I paid was £400 plus VAT and then meeting/breakfast charges so I agree it isn't cheap. I think, however, you are missing the point - would you pay £10,000 a year IF you gained £1,000,000 worth of business.

Of course most people would; so it is as I said, a matter of "if it works for you".

I just wanted you to make a balanced judgement that's all.

Apologies for the delayed reply mickyg.

For the fee you get a structured meeting agenda, newsletters, training sessions, access to groups across the globe (one guy got a printing job from someone, I believe, in the Maldives), etc.

The last fee I paid was £400 plus VAT and then meeting/breakfast charges so I agree it isn't cheap. I think, however, you are missing the point - would you pay £10,000 a year IF you gained £1,000,000 worth of business.

Of course most people would; so it is as I said, a matter of "if it works for you".

I just wanted you to make a balanced judgement that's all.

That seems exactly the same method that Amway (the pyramid selling group) operates ? Seems like power selling a variety of produce, to brainwash retailers? Rather than specific homecare produce..
Do these forums say post power messages up around your house, and say that people gather around the candle in the corner? ie TV? classic pyramid selling.

No it is nothing like the Amway set up.

All members of BNI run their own business - BNI is there just to provide them with contacts for referrals for more business.

There are no power messages around anyones house either!!

No it is nothing like the Amway set up.

All members of BNI run their own business - BNI is there just to provide them with contacts for referrals for more business.

There are no power messages around anyones house either!!

I expressed my opinion, you gave an answer...so it's like a local commerce group, meeting up to promote business within the community. And not fix prices.

That's cool.

Sponsored Links
Back