Bobski the builder...

The alarm bells were ringing in my head at the start of the program, when the brit guy said he was a brickie, and that he was bringing in his 2 apprentice brickies.

3 brickies too many on a small job like that!

Also the quote he gave for the additional steelwork was for over 2 grand :eek: ...for a single length of steel, installed into the ground

Didn't even look like a new steel as it had bolt holes drilled into a fin section at the end, totally not needed for that job.

Sponsored Links
I watched it too and I thought the poles did a good job,regs had okayed the pipework under the floor but the customers didn't want that so IMO they should have footed the bill for additional work.
How many UK builders would have starterd a job that size for no deposit??

And as for the way the client spoke to the guy.....I would have said stuff the job and put him to sleep,no matter how desperate for work I would never put up with some jumped up pri.ck talking to me that way.

The UK builder left a pile of ****e and should be ashamed to call himself a builder,his client was too patient and easy going.

On the whole the program gave a bad account of Brits as both customers and builders (was this channel fours aim?)

Obviously the programme was set up for good telle . Have you ever seen rendering like it theb brit was rough as fek.
Ok the pole messed up the foundation but other than that the customer shat all over him ,where they playing up to the camera ,dont know but the guy deserved to be chinned he was a complete pr#ck

Balls, I meant to watch this but forgot, does C4 have an equivalent of the beeb's iPlayer?

(possibly a rhetorical question as obviously due to the very nature of the 'net, I'm looking now and will find it if there is one...)

Sponsored Links
Why were they out of order to the poles?
They dug the foundations two foot short until the Woman told them! the builder says, "we all make mistakes",FFS.
So are you reading the posts Libby? I think a consensus is building here. My point was and still is...
it was the manner in which they dealt with the Polish lad that the rest of the posters are complaining about.

What's confusing is that this discussion is also taking place in the Electrics UK forum not knowing which thread to post to??

ninebob yeah channel 4 has a website you can watch missed programmes on

complete set up from start to finish.

best bit was the blokes face when the electricty guy told him what would have happened if he had cut through the cable!

Years ago one of our distrubution(transco) guys done it . He was down a four feet deep hole and thought it was the gas pipe as they can look very similar and started to hacksaw through it BANG threw hide 6 feet up and ten feet back and set fire to him. To say he sh#te himself would be an understatement.
Electric board guy said he was lucky as he had cut the neutral and not the live or he would have been dead

I also watched it and thought this was a set up ,,the english builder may have been "recommended" by some disgruntled person and they researched for a polish builder, as for the polish lad who made a mistake with the footings i have no doubt he would have noticed it and as he said "we all make mistakes" and he is right, he did not make a profit but he will let that be a bitter lesson and if that punter talked to me like that he would have been inspecting his floor lying down until the ambulance came, there is no need to speak to anybody in that way. The english guy who was I shall say "recommended" was a right cowboy and that pebble dash for F@@@S sake a 5 year old could have done better. It would be good to see a follow up programme with a good english and good polish builder

I wonder if the clients/tv producers had an arrangement to pay for it all to be knocked down & redone after the show?

as for the polish lad who made a mistake with the footings i have no doubt he would have noticed it and as he said "we all make mistakes"

Sorry, i must be a dreamer, but if i sent my brother to measure them/ those foundations, and he got it wrong, out of a job, straight away....... measure twice, cut once

Sponsored Links
Back