Body Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am in the process of repairing my car from rust. Its has rusty arches which can be filled and sprayed. My spraying is not very good and would like some pointers. I will be using a normal spray cans.

Also one wing has faded and I want to spray it again, can some one give me pointers and tips

also what shall I use?

shab

Sponsored Links
ashab02 said:
Also one wing has faded and I want to spray it again, can some one give me pointers and tips

also what shall I use?

shab

Have you tried T-Cut on it?

hello

I have tried t-cutting it but no joy, I have eliminated all rust and filled appropriately, its just when I spray it not very good at all.
Regards
Asiam

Sponsored Links
It seems that your concerned with the looks of the body. Have you enquired with a spray shop how much it will be to spray properly. I recently did the same with my Golf and it worked out pretty cheap.

Are you ready for this ?

Once your'e happy with the area to be painted, remove the lid from the spray can and place can in a bowl of hot water, of about 20mm from the bottom. This breaks up and freely moves the silt in and around the can.
If you have a hairdryer, heat the panel you are about to work on and take the can from the bowl. Wipe water off and shake can sideways, so the ballbearing inside hits the sides rather than up and down.
Approx 6 to 8 inches from the bodywork, apply paint in lengths across area, taking your finger off the spray nozzle only when you come to rest before moving back across.
Do 2 to 3 light coats at a time to build it up and heat with hairdryer in between. Just avoid the runs.
Bake with hairdryer afterwards using the same actions as you did with the paint can. Doing this for 10 mins, should ensure a nice even spray and gloss finish.

Hope this helps, Paul.

Back