boiler change help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my mother in law has had a quote of £1785.65 for her condemned hf 12 boiler which is over 20 years old to be replaced by a Wolseley optia boiler and flush system.

I think that she should get a combi boiler.

questions are is the boiler any good?.
how much more would it cost to fit a decent output combi boiler such as worchester.?
How much more work would be involved?.

She lives in a 3 bed 1930's terrace house.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
why do you think she should have a combi fitted?

whats the water pressure into the property like?

I have a worchester combi and it is the best boiler I have ever had.
Pressure is ok.
She is old school and only puts the water on before she needs it and as such wastes time and hot water.
she could do with the space in the boiler cupboard.
the hot water runs out when you need to have a bath.

Do you not agree with combi's?

The pressure being OK doesnt mean that it would be OK for a combi

get someone to check it out.

personally I hate combis as they give joe punter no back up for hot water when they breakdown.

but thats a personaly opinion

:)

Sponsored Links
Optia is an excellent boiler and very very reliable . Mother inlaw is old school so leave her with what she is used to.
If water runs out make sure tank in loft is filling quick enough(ball valve)
Combi would prob req larger gas supply leading to more expense combi also couple of hundred quid dearer to buy

Nowt wrong with a good quality combi such as Vaillant or Worcester. The cheap ones are a waste of time in my opinion and if you want a backup why not have an electric shower/inline water heater? Combi's have come on leaps and bounds in the last 5 years. You pay for what you get imho. :LOL:

Although I usually never have a good word for Ideal boilers, the Optia is a very good basic boiler. Have fitted a few with absolutely no call backs and with it only being a couple of percent less efficient than a band A boiler, it makes you wonder :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back