Boiler comparisons for buying choice ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been looking at a new boiler and want a short list.
The only one on my list so far is Baxi Eco Blue 24kw.
Because;
It's very small and it's very quiet. Not very expensive.

Do you know any other boilers with these quantities??

Sponsored Links
boilers in Attics are a terrible idea, are you sure there is no where more suitable ?

Sponsored Links
boilers in Attics are a terrible idea, are you sure there is no where more suitable ?
Why is that Ian? I’ve had one in my attic since about 1993. I must add my loft is insulated and boarded with good light.

It's an attic room, so no ladders/crawling. Already have an unvented cylinder there.
yes but your boiler will now be the highest part of a sealed system , so any leaks anywhere on your system and your boiler will cut out, saying that there are many thousands in Attics

yes but your boiler will now be the highest part of a sealed system , so any leaks anywhere on your system and your boiler will cut out, saying that there are many thousands in Attics
That's all well and good, but back to my question on choice of boiler.

ask ten installers you will get ten different answers all for various reasons, speak to your installer and see what they recommend and why

ask ten installers you will get ten different answers all for various reasons, speak to your installer and see what they recommend and why

Many installers are "approved" by a manufacturer and as a result can offer their customer a longer warranty on that brand of boiler.

In many case the installer's "approval" is not based on technical merit but is based on how many of that manufacturer's boilers the installer has sold.

There are many lesser known manufacturers whose products are as good and in some cases better than the well known brands.

Many of these lesser known brands are sold on their reputation and not by advertising and salesman-installers.

A list of some of the lesser known brands is HERE

What ever boiler you have, it needs to be part of a system that controls the output, there are a number of ways to control a boiler, switching off/on, connection to ebus, return water temperature, and you have to decide how you want to control it.

Some boilers allow the use of third party thermostats like open therm which can monitor each room and modulate boiler using the ebus, some will only allow you to use there own make of modulating thermostat, which in some cases can only measure the temperature of one room.

Even if your not fitting the controls at same time as boiler, you need to consider what is likely to be fitted. Much depends on the house, my Mold house was open plan and worked great with one single thermostat centre of house on ground floor, my Shotton house however had doors and bay windows and needed a individually control for each room, and my dad had Bosch boiler installed which may have been a good boiler but had no access to ebus which resulted in very limited control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back