Boiler flue condensation under balcony

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant ecotec plus 824 boiler. The flue comes out over my balcony, and there is another balcony above it. When the weather is cold, there is a great deal of condensation that gathers on the ceiling of the balcony, and drips down all over the floor. Not to mention, sometimes the flue drips itself, because I think it hasn't been installed at an angle. Does anyone have any advice on how to rectify this? Would it be possible to extend the flue? Any advice much appreciated!
I don't want to spend a fortune, as my boiler will probably need to be replaced in a couple of years or so.
20211124_093627.jpg
20211124_094219.jpg
20211124_093634.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes, that flue needs to be extended to beyond the edge of the balcony ASAP. Yes you can obtain extensions and brackets.

How much is down to the installer I guess, that and the length of flue you need and whether the standard flue that's there is serviceable once removed. If it can't then you would then need a new standard flue as well.

This is what Balcony Kits were invented for. They also prevent a harmful buildup of flue gases in the balcony area. That looks like an older style Vaillant flue so you may need a complete new flue in addition to a balcony kit - I'm not sure whether they're cross-compatible

Sponsored Links
Hmm yes you may well be correct, it seems Vaillant's VTK only has an option to go vertically off the terminal, not horizontally. They do make an extended 1.7m terminal though so it can at least be done in one piece

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back