Boiler Flue on Balcony Regulation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any info on the regs regarding boiler flues on balconies?

I ask as I had two engineers provide quotes for certificate on the boiler

One said that the boiler install complied with regs

Whilst the other engineer said that it complied initially. However on the day we arranged for him to proceed, he said that upon review the boiler would have to be removed due to the flue being on the balcony

I queried this and mentioned that all my other neighbours have flues on the balcony like mine with no plume kit..

I suspect that he was after more money, but I would like to know the what the regs say regarding this?

Sponsored Links
Why don't you download the fitting instructions for your boiler

I wish this forum provided for 3rd parties to have their say in these sort of posts... There's 2 sides to every story ;)

Sponsored Links
I wish this forum provided for 3rd parties to have their say in these sort of posts... There's 2 sides to every story ;)

Have you just quoted for a boiler where the flue exits over a balcony :ROFLMAO:

A picture might help........... ;)
Just a little..

8daZZcL.jpg

From the balcony floor the flue is over 2.4m above ground

It is >300mm away from nearest window/door

It clears the overhang/gutter

There is a flat roof above the flue, however this does not get walked on

Last edited:
I have read this and it appears to comply, but would like the opinions of those in the trade or with more experience..
Looks fine to me.never mind others opinions etc,the manufacturers instructions are the facts.

I can’t see a problem, what exactly did he say the issue was?
Just what i like to hear.. Nothing to see here:)

Re: The Tradesman

He said that following his initial visit (where he said everything was okay). .he'd re-read the regulations and my boiler cannot be on the balcony as it doesn't comply/poses health and safety risk..

To fix the issue, he would need to move the boiler to another location.. Or install a plume kit

After querying this and stating that all my other neighbours have flues on their balcony like mine.. He mumbled something and we ended the convo there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back