Boiler Help!

Sponsored Links
I have a 4/5 Bed House and 11 Radiators and 2 Bathrooms. The system is approx 9 yrs old and boiler is on its way out. I basically need a new condensing boiler and would like a recommendation. The system we have now is a Bosch CC1 boiler and the house is always cold, the hot water isn't as hot as it used to be either, its intermittent hot/cold so has a fault.
The CC1 is a 29kW boiler and should be able to cope with the heating easily. Assuming of course that your house is not an eormous Victorian pile with solid walls, original sash windows and absolutely no draught proofing or insulation.

Just to give you a guide to the heating requirement, use the Boiler Sizing Wizard

Will a higher KW make the heating any better or just the hot water?
With a combi boiler, the heating output is determined by the radiators. You can't get 2kW out of a 1kW radiator.

Assuming your rads are 600mm high, the output of a rad is approx 1kW for each metre length (2kw for a double). Measure the total length of your rads and that will give you the heat output of the rads, allowing for doubles. Compare that with the Boiler Wizard figure to see if your rads are large enough.

Is flow rate important to run 2 taps @ same time?
Yes and pressure. If the pressure is low, the flow will decrease when a second tap is opened.

Measure the flow at the kitchen sink tap with no other taps open - most plastic buckets are graduated on the inside. You need approx 2.5kw for every litre/min flow; i.e a 12 litr/min flow will need a 30kW boiler. This will raise the cold water temperature by 35°C, which is normally enough (shower and bath temps are 40°C or less). You can get a larger boiler this will give you a higher water temperature.

Just wondered, because I have a few elderly people living in my home. If the boiler packs up tommorow, or the warm water gets even colder, what do I do as its quite a serious situation, most plumbers I called for a quote were busy for a week or so, what do I do if I have no hot water or heating?

:(

If you are looking to replace your boiler with a Worcester, try their website for an accredited installer, at least you will get 5 years parts and labour warranty.

Sponsored Links
Will gladly come to York and give advice/estimate FOC of course.

We are the recognised Baxi installer in Harrogate area so would be advising down the Baxi route. (we used to be on the WB accredited installer scheme but lost confidence in them and there boilers).

If intrested drop me a messege.

Please be aware that for installation work, we are looking into middle January before we could carry out a combi swap/powerflush,

Regards

Looks like I need to be on the blower tommorow morning, if my CC1 needs new parts how long do they take to obtain?

I'm sure some of the other guys will correct me if I'm wrong, but as it's a Worcester Boiler, It may come under their Fixed Price Repair, but honestly I'm unsure.

WB wont be intrested in what sounds like a sludged up system and a blocked calorifer! WB wont be intrested in much given my past experience!

I cant rave about Baxi's Heatteam enough. Great customer service, knowledgeable engineers and carry all paets they need.

It's a BG branded CC1 ZWB 7-29a off the top of my head. Plenty powerful enough for your size system as said.
As stated by the other lads, it sounds like muck in the system.
Parts are very easy to obtain and personally I think it's a cracking boiler. Why replace it? Unfortunately have to agree with ben, there are good and bad here. Take advice from the RGIs on here if you don't choose BG as these lads wouldn't recommend a clown.

It's a BG branded CC1 ZWB 7-29a
Is that a slightly smaller version of the greenstar 30 HE plus? If so, it is one of the most advanced boilers on the market. If that heat exchanger blocks, you really have a lot of crap in the system.
Powerflush, balancing, service, and it should run as new. 1 or 2 days work, and you should be ok til somewhere towards the end of the next decade.

Thanks for all the help, I am getting a better idea of the whole picture now and may well keep the boiler if it seems a good one. Model no is below.

ZWB 7-29 CC1 GC Number: 47 108 05

I think I need to:

1. Get the Boiler fixed (Heat Exchanger) so I have hot water
2. Get the Leak fixed before I use Heating (Must be under downstairs floors)
3. Get system flushed
4. Get system balanced

Anyone RGI in York area ASAP?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back