boiler in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
customer REALLY keen on new boiler being put in loft. its a top knotch loft and proposed boiler is an alpha cd28c
what are the minimum and acceptable/desirable specs for loft installations..?
cheers

Sponsored Links
Boarded out from hatch to boiler, permanent switched loft light, permanent loft ladder and a guard rail around the loft hatch.

Boarded out from hatch to boiler, permanent switched loft light, permanent loft ladder and a guard rail around the loft hatch.

I believe the rail is only when the boiler is near the hatch.

hmm, an alpha in a loft. are you going to provide the basin to put underneath or is that an optional extra?

Sponsored Links
You also need a gas shut-off outside the loft.

I believe that is not mandatory. With a shoot down ladder and a permanent light it is then just another room and does not need a isolation outside the loft. An emergency gas shut off is the maintap at the gas meter.

hi all

i had my vaillant installed in the loft a couple of weeks ago - on top of what has already been mentioned you also need to have proper flooring in the in the loft...

hi all

i had my vaillant installed in the loft a couple of weeks ago - on top of what has already been mentioned you also need to have proper flooring in the in the loft...

That has been mentioned.

Can i just pick up on the "gaurd rail" around the loft opening,is this a requirement even if the boiler is no-where near the opening ie 20mts away.Also should the access ladder be fixed and perminant.
If these are not adhered to can i make a swift exit ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back