Boiler inspection Fun

of course its been leaking, its an ariston, its a design feature.

Sponsored Links
funnily enough emptied the trap a few times.

:)

guy came and couldn't explain why the flue no longer fitted, house must have settled he said, 18th century house i said probably pretty settled by now. :eek:

of course its been leaking, its an ariston, its a design feature.

That would explain why I saw one of their glass lined steel unventeds on the pavement at Holloway with a longterm leak from a screwed connection to the heating coil.

I always take the view that connections to appliances are the installers responsibility when I do visits for manufacturers!

Tony

guy came and couldn't explain why the flue no longer fitted, house must have settled he said, 18th century house i said probably pretty settled by now. :eek:

Nothing to do with the missing collar then :confused:

Sponsored Links

You are not meant to "empty the trap". It only needs to be cleaned out when there is more than about 6 mm of sediment.

West Glamorgan was a major coal producing area. Settlement continues up to about 40 years AFTER mining ceases when the wooden pit props rot and fail and eventually the rock strata collapses which finally causes settlement on the surface.

jfphot2.jpg

Tony

So what you're saying Tony is the ground floor will become the lower ground floor or basement at any time soon :eek:

And a three story house will be a bungalow.

And looking at the photo, A terrace house will be a semi detached :LOL:

.......The tenant could clean that out though as they put it in a convenient position!

Tony
and....

Whoa....hold on there....very unwise. Whenever the trap is cleaned it must be refilled otherwise flue gas will be blown straight out the condensate pipe into the property. It is NOT a tenants responsibility....leave well alone

As for the muck in the trap...it's often just a little brick dust dating back to the installation...gets blown in before the flue is fully connected and washes down. These boilers have recuperators and the traps stay relatively clean.

As for settlement...garbage, the corner of the wall looks fine. AFAIR the standard flue lenght should be installed dead horizontal on these boilers....he's screwed up the boiler/flue positioning (as do many others).

The house is safe from old mine works not affected in this area.

out of interest - what about the A77 error Condensate trap full of water,

out of interest - what about the A77 error Condensate trap full of water,

That would usually imply that the condensate drain is not allowing the water to drain out freely.

Depending on where its connected to it might coincide with a washing machine pumping out or similar use of the drain.

Tony

Whoa....hold on there....very unwise. Whenever the trap is cleaned it must be refilled otherwise flue gas will be blown straight out the condensate pipe into the property. It is NOT a tenants responsibility....leave well alone

to be fair i didnt empty it fully just took al little of the water out.
figured overflow meant well overflow..

anyhow just wish they would fix it once and for all then can concentrate on the condensation problem. or move.... :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back