Boiler output not hot enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Following the replacement of a PCB in our Potterton Suprima 40L we're having an issue whereby the output is not hot enough (even though the boiler is set to max).

Is this something that could be caused by the PCB replacement? We've checked the output pipe above the boiler and it's only 54 degrees, which seems to be the temperature if the boiler thermostat is set to 1, where I understand it should be closer to 70 according to the manual when set to Maximum.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It is from 0-6 with 0 being ~55 and 6 being~85.

When was this replacement, and have you asked the engineer back?

Measure the rate of gas flow at the meter over a minute and the convert to a m3/hr reading. Divide this by 0.892 and this will give you the kwh heat input into your boiler and see if its close to your 11.8kw rated boiler. Need to do this from cold so that the boiler is going at full bore over the said minute

Sponsored Links
Measure the rate of gas flow at the meter over a minute and the convert to a m3/hr reading. Divide this by 0.892 and this will give you the kwh heat input into your boiler and see if its close to your 11.8kw rated boiler. Need to do this from cold so that the boiler is going at full bore over the said minute

Rated input is 14.7Kw. Zoutput is 11.7

Had this recently with a Baxi 105e, previous bod had changed the board. All working, then I get a call, boiler doesn't get very warm and it then shuts off, HW isn't very hot either, other installer won't return my calls.

Turns out the potentiometers?? weren't zero'd correctly before the board was installed which meant the buttons were only turning it up to 1 when it looked like it was full up.

We need to know what version of pcb you have.
The early type has a seperate temperature control so it's almost certain a refurb board would have been fitted.
The later pcb has the temp control on the board and new they are £200+ for the part alone.

It is from 0-max with max being ~55 and 6 being~85.

Edit: there are no numbers on the control (i have both the original and replacement PCBs)
What is it you are looking at?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back