Boiler pilot won't light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler pilot has gone off. I managed to re-start it once but when I turned the stat on it went out again.HELP!

Sponsored Links
Spicer said:
My boiler pilot has gone off. I managed to re-start it once but when I turned the stat on it went out again.HELP!

Sorry! I just managed to get it alight again but when I release the large button which you have to hold in when lighting, it goes out again. It burned bright for a while then gets really weak. Does this help?

Sponsored Links
Okay. I got it lit again...it stayed alight for about 3-5mins, then there was a 'click' (similar to the sound of the ignition) and it went out again and will not restart! Please help. Is TC Thermocouple?

The last time I got the pilot to light, when I turned the Thermostst up on the boiler the pilot went out immediately.

That makes it sound like a gas pressure problem. Really a job for a Corgi reg. engineer.

Could be a faulty Governor. The old style have dodgy innards which come loose over time and block the outlet partially. If this is the case you will need to contact Transco and they will rectify the problem, plus it wont cost you a penny. Fingers crossed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back