Boiler quote expansion valve and pressure release valve quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A plumber came round today to do a service on my boiler. I thought the fluctuations in my water pressure were not a huge deal, but apparently I am wrong!

Anyway, everything he did and said checks out online - I have to keep topping up the water (now every day), but there are no leaking radiators. It was a wet day so the outside spout being wet didn't give a definitive answer, but he also pressed the 'spike' (valve?) at the top of the boiler and it threw up water and not just air. The gauge goes from tickling the low area of red to tickling the upper area of red. It only stops going into the bottom area of red, as I keep topping up the water.

He explained he would need to completely remove the boiler and drain it, so basically it was a big job. This also checks out online. So my question is: Is £265 + vat reasonable plus an extra £30 for the service, I originally requested? This is for parts and labour.

I've never used them before, so just want to check.

Many thanks in advance.

Treena

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
He did mention one of those and I can't remember why we decided no - I don't think there's really space, but thanks for suggesting it - could have been an idea. Thanks for the response :)

Treena

It's a while since my boiler was fixed - expansion valve replaced without removing the boiler - just the flu. Great guy; very pleased :)

Thanks for asking

I sorted out the same problem for a woman this week. I didn't replace just reinflated the expansion vessel. Had 2 visits as filling loop was letting by. Admittedly was 5 minutes from home. Charged her £50 . I think she had a bargain.

Sponsored Links
Back