Boiler replacement quotes - surprisingly high

ps. I offered both surveyors a drink :)

Well there is your problem then.... NO biscuits!!!

I think that when you break down every cost in life you will be mortified at how much labour you are charged... When you go on holiday do you argue that the flight and accommodation at trade price would only be so much so therefore you are being ripped off, when you buy a car do you break down the component cost of the vehicle to the manufacturer and say that the car should be only so much... Even in your own line of business.. do you charge the cost of your workforce at what you pay for them? Or do you put a little extra on?

If you don't like the price, get someone else to do it..it's a free world (Within certain HSE parameters)

Sponsored Links
Must admit that I am getting a little above my station... I neglected to doff my cap to the lady of the house :LOL:

I tried that supply the material thing once. Cant repeat what the baker told me when I handed him a bag of flour. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
is it a fair price ask him

The head of British Gas parent company Centrica earned almost £1.9 million in 2007.

News of chief executive Sam Laidlaw's £1.87 million package - more than £5,100 a day

Steve

Late last year I fitted/had fitted a WB. It was a new fit so I had a local Corgi guy I knew who agreed to connect and commission the boiler. I did all the wet work, mounted the jig, boiler and fitted the flue leaving the flue connections to the boiler to him.

His one proviso was that if he thought my work was not up to standard he would either walk away or quote me a price to do the work.

He was happy with my work, (better than some RGI's he works with) I was happy with his wage and the boiler has worked beautifully ever since. (Touch wood).

The point is you can do the work if you want, just find an RGI willing to work with you.

Right guy has gave an honest discription of job which is peice of pi#s job to be done in a day , So you all think 1200 quid labour take away 20
% tax is a frair days pay, yeah we have all charged it but would you be happy paying that solrt of money in yhour own house or would you say to guy go and take a flying fu##. I and tony boy would ,how many more of you would be honest and say same . Or are you going to lie as usual

Why dont u go and do your acs and register with gas safe with the money ur save u can then charge 500 a day

I think that the point you are all missing is that we are retailers. We make a profit on what we supply. If you look at the retail price for boilers, rads etc. the you can get an idea of what we could be charging. of course we are in a different environment now and the client expects to take our profit. When I started out, we paid trade price and anyone not known to the merchant was charged retail.
the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back