Boiler Thermostat Temperature problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone.

I have got an old style boiler. A big Cylinder and thats all. Its not a new shape where the boiler is in the kitchen and Cylinder is stored seperately some where in the house.

So, the Thermostat is on 70' celcius at the moment, but the water is not that hot. Its operation is fine, timers is working fine but the Water is not that Hot. I can feel that the Max temp is around 20's Celcius.

What could be the reason if you could identify what sort of problems i should look at. Thanks a lot for the favour.

Sponsored Links
What fuel? Does it also provide central heating? Is this a recent problem? Please give a little more information.

Sounds like a cylinder where the header tank is mounted dirctly above the cylinder and heated by an immersion heater.

Sounds like there is a problem with the immersion. Could be the immersion it's self, the stat or the wiring to it. You will need someone to test this for you.

Sponsored Links
Thank you guys,
it was the Thermostat , which was the problem, i replaced that and the water temp went exactly what i wanted.

Thanks for your coop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back